New 70' Scamp owner, glad I found you guys!

-

Username

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to A bodies and am glad I've found this site:cheers:. I just purchased a 70' Scamp that had been restored by a Musclecar/Classic place and given to a 16 year old as his birthday present and immediately flogged for 2 years and am trying to undo the damage. It has a great paint job and body but came with zero brakes, a mild 360 with every bolt on it loose and in need of general hard to find items like wiper motor linkage, both bumpers and a complete drivetrain/engine rebuild. I would much appreciate any advice given and in particular some sources for the hard to find stuff. My first goal (after brake system) is to find a good set of bumpers as the PO put a 75 pointy one on the front and a dented quad light rear. Any help in locating this gold would be much appreciated. Thanks and glad to be here- Nate

Attachments

• IMG_0129.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 219
Welcome from a fellow new-to-list member! Every one here has been kind and friendly!

Welcome to FABO Nate!!!

That car looks really nice. If it's a rust free example from your area, you're money ahead. Locating the parts you need will probably not be that difficult, and the members on this site can hook you up...I have no doubt.

A '75 beak bumper on a '70.....what the heck? Looks like the later center caps too but unless you're planning to make it all correct for '70, it looks nice as is. Just noticed the username username...now that's funny!

Thanks for the warm welcome! Really appreciate it. It seems like all of you have great little Mopars. I'm sure it's the same with everyone in that I want to fix everything at once to get her going down the road but I'm sure that the lessons you've guys have learned will help me to avoid mistakes or purchase crap products. Thanks again-

Welcome from just a little north of you, OK 1829 miles north but who's counting, great looking Scamp! You shouldn't have to many problems finding what you need with a little help from the gang.

Welcome to FABO from another SoCal member.
Contact some of the guys from the Mopar Club of San Diego (www.moparclubsandiego,net). I'm sure someone there can help you with what you need.
They're a great group of guys and usually come up to help us out with judging at our annual all-Mopar charity-benefit car show.

-
Back