New 71 Dart owner

-

herekdkd

Reaction score
Finally!!...I get to be a classic MOPAR owner. I own a 2011 R/T Challenger, but while at Chryslers in the Canyon last October, we were parked next to the most beatiful 69 Dart I'd ever seen. On the return trip home, I told my girlfriend "I'm gettin a Dart". Now, 3 months later, I scored a totally untouched, all original 71 Swinger. We drove it back from Colorado Springs Wednesday night (375 miles). The car ran flawlessly and EVERYTHING on the car works as it should. What an amazing car....I'm stoked (and lucky). Anyway, glad to be here, and I will be looking for insight, advice, wisdom, etc,. from all you MOPAR veterans---especially you dart guys!!!

xscuseless.gif

Yup, it's butterscotch. I really like the color too. Just needs a good buffing and should be good to go! Maybe repaint the rockers.

Thanks. The bumper sticker says "I ski Loveland". I believe it to be a ski resort in Colorado somewhere. I'd only had the car home for a few hours when I took the pics. I hadn't even washed the windows or vac'd the dried leaves off the floor mats...next mod...take all the 80's bumber stickers off!

Nice car, wouldn't call it a grandpa's car, with a little bit of massaging then it can be called a "sleeper". :)

Welcome.

Thanks for all the welcomes everybody. Although only an A-Body owner for about three weeks, it seems like a decade with all the research for correct parts and what not. Jeez, I haven't studied this hard since college!! Love every minute of it though. What a great what to spend one's time...IMHO.

Just got wheels n tires put on 'er...will be posting to "Wheels n Tire Combo thread after this (with pics)..

-
Back