New A-body fan!

-

RollercamDART

Reaction score
Hello All!

My name is Cody and I live up in the great rainy state of Washington, in the capitol of Olympia. I have owned 4 A-bodies: 71' Dart Swinger (donor car), 73' Dart Swinger (now w/ a 71 clip, and a 360 rollercam engine), 72' Plymouth Scamp (daily driver /6), and a 74' Dart Sport that is now in the big junkyard in the sky. I am still pretty new to the game, only owned a real Mopar for 3 years now, but I guess I have made pretty good progress and have learned enough about A-Bodies that I can just about do anything to mine.
So seeming the 73' is my pride and joy Ill focus on that. So anyway the Car started as a 73' that i purchased from a guy in a QFC parking lot for $200 and drove home. After replacing the master cylinder rod and swapping to electronic ignition it was a great running little slant six that I drove for about 3 months before I decided to go v8. To make a long story short, I put in a .030 over 318 and constantly fought with it trying to get it to run right. Well before I had the chance to blow her up myself last Winter it froze hard enough to crack the block in the lifter galley all the way to the #2 cylinder wall. So as a replacement I picked up a 360 rollercam engine out of a 92' Dodge truck that had been hit in the rear, with 60k miles. So here I am today w/ this engine, headers, 2.5" exhaust through purple hornies, Eddie LD4B intake, Holley 600cfm carb, 8 1/4 rear end w/ 2.39 gears (I know), new carpet to replace the mat, and bucket seats.
The car picture attached is before the engine went in and before the disc brakes. The engine bay pic is from today though after i cleaned up all the wires and put the fuel pump on a switch.

Eagerly waiting for pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome aboard.

Well I would love to post pics but I cant get them small enough to upload. Suggestions? my pictures are 900kb .jpg files

There has to be a way to downsize the pictures on your computer. Look into the program you took the pictures with.

ok heres the engine anyway! sorry for the fuzzyness, cant get it to look any better and not be too big.

1.jpg

Welcome Cody! I wish everyone would do a good job like you have here in the welcome thread. It sounds like you are on your way to having a great A bodie.
Keep us up dated on your next move.
Hope you enjoy this great site. Jump on in and enjoy.

-
Back