New A body owner from Conn

-

CJK440

Reaction score
Hello, I am Chris from CT. I have been a member of Moparts for a while and am looking for some different forums to peruse.

I have a 72 340 Duster Clone that I race in the F.A.S.T. class. It started life as a /6 Gold Duster but was completely overhauled to a 340 auto clone. My best time was a 12.14 @ 119 mph with a big compression stroker and a 4 speed which obviously shows I had the power but not the hook. The car now has a milder 408 with a 904. With the milder 408 and the 4 speed it ran 12.40 @ 114 mph and I have yet to go down the track with the Auto but I am hoping for 11's this season before I put the big motor back in.

Before

100_1905.jpg

After

mp1.jpg

Welcome aboard Chris! Nice car you have there! And where are you in CT? We have a few members from up your way and I myself am only over the bridge in Queens, N.Y.

And I agree, with a 119 trap speed your definitely loosing a few tenths to traction. What did it 60' at?

Hey Chris! I'm a CT guy too. Where abouts are ya.

NICE car ya got there man. I love red cars!

George
P.S. Ya wanna sell the Cragar's that came off your car? Let me know. I need a set of fronts in small bolt pattern.

On average my 60's were 2.0. Its tough trying to launch on polyglas tires with a 4 speed. I hope the auto will help me.

George, I live in the Valley but work on the Trumbull / Monroe line.

The cragars are my buddies, it used to be his car, I bought it from him and he kept the wheels for his other 72.

Welcome to FABO Chris,

Sit back, kick your shoes off, and settle in... this is absolutely the best site on the net!! Everyone here has been great since I joined up and I had been looking for a good forum for quite some time. Knowledgeable, friendly and more willing to help out than any other group of guys. I'm sure you'll find that you will feel right at home in no time.

Mike

Chris
Have you ever been to the Dairy Queen cruise night on RT25 on a Friday night? Pretty good turn out on nice evenings. I hope to have my Dart there sometime late spring/early summer.

Hope to see you around.

George

Welcome Chris

This is a great website to have questions answered and get good information from all levels of expertise. There doesn't seem to be any issue that can come up with on your car that someone else has not already had or lessons learned from it. Everyone seems happy to lend a hand. Welcome.

George, you don't happen to own a red Dart vert do you??

Yes, even though I work not too far away from there, I only been to the cruise once, but that was back when I owned a Curious Yellow 71 Cuda.

Chris,
No, the red vert isn't mine. I am currently restoring a 69 Swinger 340, but up until October 2007, I was driving a red/black 72 Corvette coupe 350/4-speed.
My Dart is Gold with black interior and it came to CT from PA when I bought it. The resto isn't finished yet, and I haven't even driven the car at all since I bought it.

I don't remember a yellow Cuda, but there was a red Duster there one night early last season and I got to bullshitting with the guy. Owner was a real cool guy and I thought it might have been you.

George

Chris,
No, the red vert isn't mine.

OK, reason I asked is there is a guy that works near where I work that occasionally drives a red Dart vert to work. I also see a red Ram dually and a black Charger SRT8 in the same parking spot. Obviously a mopar guy.

I only been to the DQ with my cuda and that was perhaps 3 years ago. I am sure I will make it a few times this year after work.

Welcome to FABO...nice ride! I'm not much for Moparts. Vist, never post.

Blkarrow-
Where are you located?
Maybe when my POS is finished the 3 of us, (4 if Adam is ready) can roll into a show and shoot the **** for a while.

George

Well, I am from Marlborough, a bit from trumbull if I am thinking correctly, and I don't even have my duster yet :). I plan on getting it hopefully this week because I am gonna put a deposit on it. Trust me it's no show car but it is something I am going to work on, my dad wanted a project for us to work on but my dad has 2 cars that he is working on also. So I don't know when it will be complete. In the future that is definitely a possibility though.

also Chris, you race F.A.S.T.? So you know Ralph (can't spell last name right lol) who races a few Road Runners?

Welcome aboard fellow Ct. A body enthusiast! Maybee get to see you at the Marcus cruise night..

Chris , Great Looking Car I Am Also From Ct. I Go To The Valley All The Time Loking Forward To Se You And The Car At Musclepalooza , Tom

BlkArrow, I know Ralph well. He got me interested in this whole thing.

OO, just wondering because he puts on the cruise on the berlin turnpike that is a really nice show. And I knew that he raced F.A.S.T. and I knew that he was pretty quick.

No, never raced or met Jeff.

I do plan to have the car racing in the Mopar only FAST race at E-town next weekend and up at Musclepalooza at LVD on Memorial day weekend.

Hope nothing breaks......

-
Back