new addition to the mopar family

-

redfastback

Don't ask me... my garage is empty
Reaction score
well, i couldn't resist. i purchased a 66 dart 270 wagon. it is a highly optioned wagon as well as coming with a TON of original documentation. i have the build sheet, window sticker, original registration certificates starting a month after it was built, original owners manual, and more. it was ordered with a 273 v8, a/c, power steering, and disc brakes, and roof rack. the PO put in a later style dual bowl master and all new ss brake lines. she runs like a champ. it has some velour seats in it but got the original front and rear bench seats. this is in place of a honda

DSC00789 (Small).JPG

DSC00785 (Small).JPG

DSC00788 (Small).JPG

DSC00792 (Small).JPG

DSC00791 (Small).JPG

DSC00795 (Small).JPG

DSC00796 (Small).JPG

DSC00797 (Small).JPG

Sweet!! What did you have to pay for something like that? I have always wanted an early A-body wagon. Car looks great!!

well...... i paid $3700. he was asking $4900, but since he was a previous customer of mine( i pressed in his studs in the new rotors that are on this wagon). it may seem high to some, but for how rare and good condition this wagon is, i think it was fair.

You mentioned the car Tuesday night, great to see pictures. A car in that condition would be IMPOSSIBLE to find out here on the east coast. Good luck with it! Looks like a great driver.

Or do we have plans for this one? :evil5:

That's a nice looking wagon, Red.

I've always liked wagons. Was even looking for one, when I found my new ride. I'm still looking, but the missus won't let me buy another car until I buy her one. And the one she wants isn't even a Mopar, so it'll be a while. LOL.

It sure is nice to have all that documentation. Wish that I did.

to be honest, i have many ideas of what to do with it. the shop logo is DEFINITELY going on the rear wagon windows, but for wheel/tires.......i'm not sure. maybe have like a restmod wagon. or just put on the dog dish and keep the og hubcaps in a safe place. the a/c is dead so when i go to recharge it, i will change over to a sanden compressor. i never thought i would get into wagons and i now have 2! i'll keep you guys posted on any updates.

found some dealership service records and the application for title, for when she picked the dart up on may 20, 1966. it was ordered on december 14, 1965.

Congratulations redfastback!!:thumleft:
Looks great and will be a fun car,I am sure.
There are not many of them out there
and I am glad it found a good home.=D>

Hopefully I can get some of this happiness soon.
and get my 63 home by Christmas

That nice wagen is a gem :glasses7:

Very cool! A car that well preserved would warrant a nice restoration to factory spec`s. Wagons are time capsules as they represent an era when families did things together.:D

thanks guys.
comoxian, is that a dart charger? the 65 wagon is the wifes now that i have mine.

memike, i will throw some luck in your direction. you haven't had an a body for quite a while now? i hope this one works out.

longgone, you might be right about a factory resto. i will just step it up and rust proof the crap out of it, but for the most part keep it original. i will pull those hubcaps off and store them and put some doggies on there or maybe some rallies.

when i can, i will try and get some pics of the records i found.

Great score. My wife is wanting a old wagon as well.

Congrats redfastback!! Seeing those old stationwagons reminds me of being a kid, rolling around in the back without a care in the world. AHHH the good old days!! Have fun with your new project.:thumblef:

Beautiful find Steve. Can't wait to see what you do with this one! BTW: I wore your shop t-shirt all day at Fall Fling. I had a couple of guys asking where you were. I told them you had some business to tend to at the Pleasanton Goodguys show.

hey you arizona guys.....my wagon was ordered and delivered to bill breck dodge @ 3030 east speedway blvd in tuscon. is this a still active dealership or is there another in its place?

Great find Steve. We have a sickness for sure.

-
Back