New Air Intake For My 09 Ram

-

321Scamp

Reaction score
If you may recall, I made a air intake tube for my ram back at the beginning of the year. That one went from my factory box to my throttle body. This one is more like one that you can buy. I made it from parts that i had and most that i bought. The tube is an inch bigger than the first one. And boy does she sound mean under the hood now lol. :thumblef:

100_0846.JPG

100_1043.JPG

Ha ha ha ha, nice! How did the computer take to it?

Ha ha ha ha, nice! How did the computer take to it?

So far so good. No engine light or system messages. I went and filled up the tank to see if there was any difference in the mileage, and on the drive home it picked up bout .5 mpg over the other set-up. Which made it 21.7 mpg on the drive home.

i just did a mileage check after 50 miles. Now i don't know how long it would keep it up, but after the 50 miles it got 23.3 mpg.

At what speed is that MPG at? We are thinkin of getting a new Ram. Any other input would be appreciated.

Well it was at a wide range of speeds. Some of it was stop and go, and a couple a hard starts to show off to the guys at work lol. My normal average before the new intake would range between 19 to 20.5

Now my mileage is probably better than most cause my truck is a two wheel drive with the 4.7. The new ram has the 5 link rear end which i have notice a lot smoother ride over the ruff roads around hear. I really like mine, I see a lot of the Hemi's around town bout I don't know how well they are on the gas. They do have 390 hp where as mine has 310. Best input i can give is if you are looking, test drive one of each and see which one you like best.

I test drove a crew cab 4x4 Hemi last week and really liked it. The Hemi "apparently" gets a little better mileage than the 4.7, which I dont know if I believe that or not.

Yea they say it will cause of the 4 cylinder mode thing that it has. But i agree that i don't think it does.

are you calculating mpg's by gas and miles or the overhead console readout?

-
Back