New All Indoor Muscle Car Show in Chicago Area

-

Bashton

MCACN Managing Member
Reaction score
I am happy to announce the launch of a new All Indoor Muscle Car, Supercar, and Corvette show in the Chicago area.

The Nickey Chicago Muscle Car and Corvette Nationals will take place November 21-22, 2009 in Rosemont, (greater Chicago), Illinois, at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center. This location is about 5 minutes from the O'Hare Airport.

The show will have close to 400,000 square feet filled with the country's finest Muscle Cars and Collector Cars and vendors. The show will offer Concours style judging for restored and original cars and the more casual Street Stock classes along with a wide variety of "Pick" awards.

I am a former Show Manager for Championship Auto Shows, Inc. and have learned a whole lot over the past few years about producing an indoor car show. I know what works and what doesn't work and I also like to hear what YOU like, so that we can constantly improve the show. I am also a long time commercial midway vendor for the Mopar Nationals, (Auto Know) and sponsor of the Mopar Nationals Model Car Contest.

Of special interest to the Mopar Community is our "Nickey Chicago vs. Mr. Norms Showcase". This very special gathering will feature the very best Original, Documented cars from Nickey and Mr. Norms, from both "back in the day" and also the new modern releases.

Please take a look at the website www.mcacn.com and if you have any questions, please e-mail me at [email protected] or call (586) 549-5291.

Please Note; This IS NOT the Chevy Vettefest with other stuff added in! I am no longer affiliated with CVF or Championship Auto Shows, Inc.in any way.

THANKS!

Bob Ashton
MCACN, LLC
Managing Member

The Mr. Norms Garage crew will be joining us as our newest Sponsor.

In addition to the Nickey vs Mr. Norms display, expect to see what may be the largest gathering of real documented Mr. Norms cars, including several A-Bodies, ever seen under one roof since back in the day.

Bob Ashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

We need some more A-body representation! I know it seems like November is a long way off, but it is never too soon to make some plans. :icon_smi:

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

And speaking of cool A-Bodies....

Bill Sefton will be bringing in the 1968 Hemi Under Glass!

It just keeps getting better.

Hope to see all kinds of A-Bodies at the show, along with lots of other fine Mopars!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Had a great time this weekend at the Mecum Auction and had a chance to spend some time with Bill Sefton and Mike Stavesky of Mr. Norms Garage.

Bill will be bringing in an incredible group of Mr. Norms cars to the show, along with the man himself, Mr. Norm! If anyone has seen his Black G.S.S., you know that is one you have to see. It is the actual car used for the model kit and several Die Cast replicas. Bill is also bringing in the wild G.S.S. Demon that has been in numerous magazines.

Oh yeah...the 69 Hemi Under Glass too!

These guys have some incredible stuff in the works in addition to the new Super Challengers and Super Cuda. Think drop-top!

Looks like the Nickey vs. Mr. Norms displays are going to be incredible.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Response from the Mopar crowd has been outstanding.

As you know, we could never have too many Mopars, so c'mon down, let's pack the place!

Any questions, thoughts or idea's, please e-mail [email protected]

THANKS!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Demons, Dusters, Scamps, Barracudas, Darts and the rest...we need more!

Bring 'em on cuz as stated, we can never have too many Mopars!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

You will be able to get an up-close and personal look at the brand new Mr. Norms convertible Challenger and Cuda's!

That, along with a whole bunch of other Mr. Norms creations from back in the day, along with the Man, Mr. Norm himself.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

We will be in the Auto Know booth in the midway for Mopar Nationals, so if anyone wants more info on the show, please stop by and see us.

We host the Model Car Contest on Saturday too!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

We will be in the Auto Know booth in the midway for Mopar Nationals, so if anyone wants more info on the show, please stop by and see us.

We host the Model Car Contest on Saturday too!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member

Nice to meet lots of folks from the A-Bodies Forum at Nats!

We signed up some great cars and several vendors too. It was a GREAT weekend! :cheers:

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Things are cooking right along and as stated before, the response from Mopar owners has been great. Keep 'em coming!

I am finishing up the new Car Show Guide magazine now. If anyone would like to receive a free copy, e-mail me your mailing address and we will send it to you for free. The Guide will have car features and lots of info about the show.

Still want more Mopars for the show, so if anyone needs more info, please let me know.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Received some KILLER Mopar entries this weekend; a recently restored Hemi Challenger, a "matching" 340 Shaker Cuda, several Mr. Norms Demons, including a Paxton blown version in Basin Street Blue and a gorgeous tastefully modded SRT Challenger.

Keep 'em coming!!!

We have swap spaces (all indoor) available for $95 for both days.

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

How much is the entrance fee for spectators?

Thanks for the question.

General admission if purchased at the door is $15 each for Adults, Kids 12 and under always get in free with an Adult.

In a few weeks we will be offering Pre-sale Adult discount tickets through Nickey Chicago in St. Charles, Bill Stasek Chevrolet in Wheeling, Route 66 Motorsports in New Lennox and Supercar Automotive in Minooka for $12.00 each.

If anyone would like to recieve one of our FREE 40 page Car Show Guides, (featuring the Hemi Under Glass right on the cover!), please e-mail your mailing address to [email protected].

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Ken Mosier of the Finer Details checked in. He will be joining us with a killer Plum Crazy 70 Hemi Challenger R/T, a recent Goodguys Muscle Car of the Year finalist!

Bashton
MCACN Managing Member
www.mcacn.com

Bob, I received my Car Show Guide in the mail a little while back and finally had a chance to look it over. Congratulations on a fine presentation!!! It looks like the event is in very capable hands and you've got a lot of beautiful iron to show off.

Thank you very much for allowing PSC to be a small part of it. I wish I could attend in person, but this is my busiest time of the year and I need to stick around the shop and crank out the work for my boys. Please drop me a line if you keep records about who wins my Gift Certificates ... your show has been on my website's Sponsored Events section for months now for a little added exposure, and I'd love to add the winners' names to the entry.

I wish you the best of luck for a huge turnout and spectacular event! Please post some pics when you get the chance. We love our car **** around here. :-D

-
Back