New article on new fuel for/from Porsche

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
As it's sourced from a political site, I won't link directly, but Porsche is using a new fuel. Production is wind-powered at some place in Chile where the wind blows 270 days a year (They've never been to western Kansas, I reckon).

It combines Carbon from CO2 in the air, with hydrogen from water (which indicates electrolysis) to make something like methane, which burns clean.

From the article:
"Since it requires as much carbon dioxide to make as it emits in its emissions, it is essentially a net-zero fuel and could be approved for widespread use under future emissions rules. Porsche, other sports car companies and even the Formula One series have been investigating its implementation in order to preserve the performance and aural entertainment benefits of internal combustion engines in their products."

In other words, Porsche knows that performance car drivers find EV's boring, no matter how fast they are. Interesting take on the new fuel, and says it requires virtually zero mods to run in a gasoline engine.

My question is, if you're electrolysing hydrogen, why not just use that? It must not use as much as a hydrogen engine would require, or possibly they're sidestepping the issues with hydrogen handling and infrastructure.

Well, if we want to pick nits, it could be argued that coal and petroleum are also net zero because those fuel sources are also created from naturally occurring carbon plus hydrogen plus sunlight, and has merely been in storage for a very long time.

I wonder, who are the science deniers now? 100% natural renewable energy created by their "Mother Gaia." Asshats, the lot of them.

Was all the machinery needed manufactured with wind powered machinery? Were THOSE manufac..............

You get the idea. How is it "net zero" when it involves mechanical / electrical/ other machinery/ plant/ processes/ equipment

Was all the machinery needed manufactured with wind powered machinery? Were THOSE manufac..............

You get the idea. How is it "net zero" when it involves mechanical / electrical/ other machinery/ plant/ processes/ equipment
Stop talking common sense! Don't you know that the plebs and proles need to be fed a constant stream of nonsensical big and pretty bullshit?

-
Back