New best slant six 1/4 mile

-
Let's just say Will does not want to toot his own horn, so allow me. Will had some shirts to give to the track owner and announcer after he made his 9.62 run. The announcer, Mike Bassin, told us that that with a 120 MPH 1/8th mile time, he would likely have been over 150 in the 1/4. This car probably is good for an 8 second run.

I am sad to say, I do not know if anyone captured this on video. All of us Slant 6 crazies go up to race together, so we may not have caught it. Next time Will we will do better in that department for sure!

Congratulations Will !! The fastest Slant 6 run in history. That sounds pretty good I'm sure!

You are the man!!

Rick Covalt

Your 1/4 Mile ET is 9.51 seconds computed from your vehicle 1/8th ET of 6.01 seconds.
Your 1/4 Mile MPH is 147.56 MPH computed from your vehicle 1/8th MPH of 119 MPH.

Not too shabby Mr. Burns!!!! Exceeeelllllent!!!

Hope the damage is minimal and you get it fixed soon!

Forgot about this thread. Here is a belated up date. May 15, 2016. Mason-Dixon Dragway in Md. Will is the quickest slant six powered "doorslammer" in the world, at 9.09 in the 1/4 mile.

I was there. The car leaves the line straight and true, goes like a missile. Will definitely has the chassis dialed in right. And that engine...the power calculates to around 580 HP to make a run like that!
Great Googly Moogly!!!
Will, youda MAN!

-
Back