New Bike!

-
Sorry, must've missed that. I wasn't trying to insult your intelligence, and glad to hear you got new rubber.

Back in the day, I've had customers come into the shop with the freakin' cords showing and insist that they didn't need new tires. Jeezz. Nitwits. Sounds like the old owner might have known a couple of 'em, lol!

yep, i bought a 30 pack of trojans and bottle of super glue, now that tire has enough rubbers glued to it to last another 9000 miles, it was a cheaper than replacing the tires....haha

ive spent alot of time at our local dealership, im friends with one of the mechanics. Helped them do a few tires and seen the same thing. I guess it doesnt occur to some people that in a car you still have 3 other wheels to catch you.

yep, i bought a 30 pack of trojans and bottle of super glue, now that tire has enough rubbers glued to it to last another 9000 miles, it was a cheaper than replacing the tires....haha

Now Thanson, you know that's not what rubbers are for, right? lol!

Tate, as I said I'd do, heres a slew of shots;

A 2003, XL1200C or AKA, 2003 Sportster Custom 1200 cc engine.

100_1604.JPG

100_1607.JPG

100_1608.JPG

100_1609.JPG

100_1614.JPG

100_1616.JPG

Copy of 100_1605.JPG

Copy of 100_1606.JPG

Copy of 100_1618.JPG

Copy of 100_1603.JPG

Damn, where did the other half of them go? WTF??!?!!

nice, bike looks about identical to my budies, paint scheme and everything. (you can see part of it in my first pics in the backround). His is an 03 883 custom, that he bought brand new and stroked it to 1200 right after buying it so he could have 883 insurance. He ditched the stock seat and put a stock 1200 seat on it. the only other difference is that he used sceamin eagle pipes.

that stripe on the front and rear fender must be somthing you did? nice brake and clutch levers haha never seen those before

nice, bike looks about identical to my budies, paint scheme and everything. (you can see part of it in my first pics in the backround). His is an 03 883 custom, that he bought brand new and stroked it to 1200 right after buying it so he could have 883 insurance. He ditched the stock seat and put a stock 1200 seat on it. the only other difference is that he used sceamin eagle pipes.

that stripe on the front and rear fender must be somthing you did? nice brake and clutch levers haha never seen those before

I was at a bike ralley and shootin the brezze with some fellas. Makein a long story short....
I bid'em a TTYL and the one dude said wait, what about the pipes?
I restated how I wasn't spending $400+ on pipes with a new house, wife in collage, etc...

He said, $200 for everything, bolt on and go.

Well, that sold me barley used Vance and Hines pies right quick.

The stripe on the front (& rear) fender is OE dead stock. The beige stripe actuall says in a cross hatch pattern, "Harley Davidson" and being that it is an 100 anny bike, you can not get it unless you trun one in to replace it.

I took a spill and wreck the clutch cover. It's a 100 anny part and sez so on the side. You can get any cover to replace it, but to get a 100 anny part, I had to turn it in to get a 100 anny part back.

Your freind actually saved more money stroking it to 1200 rather than purchasing it as a 1200. It is cheaper to stroke the HD 883 to a 1200 than the outright purchase of it. Crazy huh?

I also did the Screaming Eagle air cleaner, jetted up the carb and S/C ignition.

Aint nothin without it. What a pep up it is! The one thing I noticed was when I purchased the S/C plug wires, they had more ohm's than the stock wires. No matter what set I got. I'll have to look around and do some ohm readings on car wires that I'll custom cut later.

OH, forgot, the seats. The OE seat and backrest with an optioned third running/brake light is a LED running/brake light. Excellent!

The tour seat w/adjustable back rest in height and the abilty to lean foward and backwards was waaaaaaaaaaaay worth the price. I wacked 12 hours in the saddle 2 days in a row from NY to Atlanta Ga. without a complaint to even think of.

thanson, congrats on the new ride! It's GORGEOUS!

The guys are right; the jugs can be powder coated and it won't affect heat build up or dispersion, and the edges can be left intact or taken back down to metal with an air file.

Psssst ... I even have a yellow in stock that looks pretty dang close to your color. (And it's included in this month's 30% off inventory reduction list too!!!)

thanson, congrats on the new ride! It's GORGEOUS!

The guys are right; the jugs can be powder coated and it won't affect heat build up or dispersion, and the edges can be left intact or taken back down to metal with an air file.

Psssst ... I even have a yellow in stock that looks pretty dang close to your color. (And it's included in this month's 30% off inventory reduction list too!!!)

thanks, how much would you want to powder coat the jugs/heads black? i think powercoat would be alot nicer/stronger than paint

-
Back