New Bucket Seats and Console in Dart

-

340dartswinger

Reaction score
My dad and I just spent the last couple weeks installing new bucket seats and a console in our 70 Dart. It was a bench seat originally.We took old bucket seats and recovered them ourselves and installed the console and new steering wheel. What do you guys think??

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0405.jpg

DSCN0410.jpg

DSCN0404.jpg

Looks good ! Now you need one of those nice repro Rallye dashes for it.

Very nice! Where did you get the console and shifter from? I have been kind of looking for one recently without much luck. No aftermarket companies make those do they? I just have to find an old one right?

Hey thats SUPER! Nice job guys. Do you have plans to change out the steering column? Besides having a great looking car the best part will be the memories of you and dear ole dad working on her. Very nice! I like it.:-D

Adam- I would love to get a rallye dash. but they want 2 arms and a leg for them.

Valiantmike- Legendary made my seat covers. had a lot of problems with them but its all ok in the end.

Thog-I got the shifter and console from someone that lives in my area. saw his post on another site.

Suregrip- ya thats one of my next projects is getting a new column for it.

Thanks for all the nice comments fellas! After working so hard on it, its nice to hear postive feedback!

that bbench wouldn't happen to be a foling arm bench would it..if so pm me please...

Very nice !!!!!!!

Can you tell me your tire and wheel combo front and rear?

Thanks.

Here is a trick that you can do to your column that is custom. Modify your column shift linkage so it will hook up to the arm. This way when you shift gears with the floor shifter the indicator in the column will also move telling you what gear you are in. You can just cut off the lever mount flush, smooth it over with some filler and paint it and it will look like the factory did it. Plus if you have a column lock this will also lock your shifter in park when you remove the key.

Chuck

Wilnutt- No its just a reg bench seat no fold down arm sorry.

Johnny Dart- Fronts are stock 14in steel wheels with 205/75r14 kelly charger tires. Rears are 15x8(widened by stockton wheel) 4 1/4 backspacing with 245/60r15

340mopar- thats is a cool idea thanks!

Wilnutt- No its just a reg bench seat no fold down arm sorry.

Johnny Dart- Fronts are stock 14in steel wheels with 205/75r14 kelly charger tires. Rears are 15x8(widened by stockton wheel) 4 1/4 backspacing with 245/60r15

340mopar- thats is a cool idea thanks!

Thanks Bud !!!!
Very nice car !!!!!

-
Back