new cam new headers...soundcheck

-

360duster

Reaction score
Hi Guys, got my engine done and installed in the car after a damaged crank thrust. new cam is (my own specs, comp QNX lobes) 250/250 @ .050", 108 LSA, installed at 104 ICL. around .620" lift with 1.6 Rockers. New headers are hedman huslers, 1 7/8" primaries with 3,5" collectors.

Sounds pretty mean, what do you think? possibly in july i´ll be able to do some testing at a track......hope to dip in the tens (11.0 so far, before the new goodies).

Second video is with the track only exhaust.....basically some header extensions with Dynomax mini race bullets #24251. Did not expect such a difference, noticeably quieter. Have to make some exhaust for the street, removable via V-bands, with dynomax super turbos i already have.

Check out our FB-Page and leave a like if you want to: (1) The A-Team Dragrace | Facebook

Michael

1968 Valiant / new cam new headers - YouTube

1968 Valiant / new Cam new Headers -- with track exhaust - YouTube

Damn, that sounds awesome! What's the cubic inch?

How's that Sniper EFI seem to be working? I always thought aftermarket efi didn't play well with moderately-large cammed engines. Or is that just an urban myth???

Either way, that car is badass. Thanks for posting!

Sounds sick. Love the 318 air cleaner lid, but I don't think many will buy it. Curious how it behaves on the street with that cam.

Damn, that sounds awesome! What's the cubic inch?

How's that Sniper EFI seem to be working? I always thought aftermarket efi didn't play well with moderately-large cammed engines. Or is that just an urban myth???

Either way, that car is badass. Thanks for posting!

it´s a 408, hydraulic roller cam LA block. I was a little concerned regarding the sniper, but i just started on the previous tune without any trouble. when the street exhaust is done i´ll let it learn a bit to get the maps correct again. So the sniper seems to have no trouble with such cam.

Michael

Hi Guys, got my engine done and installed in the car after a damaged crank thrust. new cam is (my own specs, comp QNX lobes) 250/250 @ .050", 108 LSA, installed at 104 ICL. around .620" lift with 1.6 Rockers. New headers are hedman huslers, 1 7/8" primaries with 3,5" collectors.

Sounds pretty mean, what do you think? possibly in july i´ll be able to do some testing at a track......hope to dip in the tens (11.0 so far, before the new goodies).

Second video is with the track only exhaust.....basically some header extensions with Dynomax mini race bullets #24251. Did not expect such a difference, noticeably quieter. Have to make some exhaust for the street, removable via V-bands, with dynomax super turbos i already have.

Check out our FB-Page and leave a like if you want to: (1) The A-Team Dragrace | Facebook

Michael

1968 Valiant / new cam new headers - YouTube

1968 Valiant / new Cam new Headers -- with track exhaust - YouTube
Dam Boy that is sweet.
I am a sucker for nice coolant hose clamps. LOL

It's the hemi wedge heads that really make it pop

Man that is music to my ears....especially since I hooked up my computers speaker columns and turned it up!!
I love your attention to detail..Love how clean it looks.Great Job!!
HotRod20

Sounds awesome! I rebuilt the 360 in my 74 w200. Used aluminum heads and a mild 340 4 speed cam. Not too happy sounds stock. Lol. But the powers that be on this forum insisted I don’t go bigger for a 4x4 truck..

-
Back