New car, 1973 Valiant

-

jos51700

Green Bearing thread connoisseur
Reaction score
So for the moment I have a Red Valiant, a White Dart, and a Blue Valiant (It would've been a better fit when I still had the four door white Dart, then they'd all be 4-doors).

Since the blue car has no title, it's a parts car, which is sad because it's complete and fairly sound. Motor and trans are spoken for, as is front clip, trunk, and floors, but I think the rest is available if you're interested. It's a slant 6 disc brake car.

Let me know!!
image000001 (1).jpg
image000000.jpg

Every state and probably every DMV office within each state seem to operate differently. What I found when I lived in Minnesota was there was one office that was a little easier to work with, i.e., they would at least forward your application for title to the state whereas others seemed to like to be judge and jury and send you home.
I was actually able to get a title for my 51 GMC with nothing more than a bill of sale from the body shop I had purchased it from and a 40 year old registration card I found under the seat from Montana and a picture of the vehicle data plate. I provided a photo copy of those along with the "story" of how the vehicle was purchased by the shop for parts from the guy on the old card and how I came to buy it. It took about a month but one day I had a clear title in my mailbox. Not sure what you have for documentation, but it may be worth it to try if you can find information on previous owner, etc.. I think the biggest thing is they want to verify it isn't stolen.

You can almost certainly get a title unless the car has an issue with the VIN. Worst case, there's Vermont.

Also some states have a procedure for a "'bonded" title. This varies, but you have to put up a cash bond for a period of time, until the process is "cleared." My understanding is that this can take several years, but you can register and drive it in the meantime. You better be pretty sure at the start tho, that it's not stolen or some other similar nonsense

-
Back