New car finally hitting the track: estimates?

-

roccodart440

Reaction score
The new dart is finally hitting the track either this weekend or next.

General Specs:
69 dart 440
727 with GVOD
3500 stall
4:56 gears
mini tub with 28x12.50 sportsman pro's

Engine:
950hp carb
perf RPm heads and intake
[email protected] solid cam .528 lift 112cl
TTI 2" headers
3" TTI exhaust with borla XR-1's

Estimates anyone?

From my keyboard, it looks like 12.3-11.8.

456 and those tires 28's - trap will be about 6300/6400. Is that what the engine is built for?

From my keyboard, it looks like 12.3-11.8.

At this point, I'm going to agree with "flyfish"! With a lot of potential considering, weight, compression, hook, and track prep?

First time out is always difficult.....Good luck & let us know how it goes with some numbers out of the box.

What's in place to put the power to the pavement, rearend,leafsprings,coilovers, caltracs, snubber,4-link etc. ?

Snubber, Qa1 90/10 front. /6 bars.

compression? heads proted?

10.5:1, 160 cranking psi, heads are OOTB.

456 and those tires 28's - trap will be about 6300/6400. Is that what the engine is built for?

That engine is falling off a little in dyno power at that RPm. Seat of the pants it will pull it.

I have a 4th gear don't forget so I can try running it through at 6300 or shift another gear.

Rocco- Got it 7272 GVOD, makes sense now: First time out, going with 11.5 to 12, built a lot like my 71. I see it going much faster once you get the bugs out, guessing 11's flat. Keep us posted.

By the way, I would like to be wrong...it just seems like most of the time you go out with a new combo they under perform until you get some testing and tuning going. Heck, my car ran ~11.4 on its first pass.....I expect to have that beat by a full second this fall :D (5 years later)

By the way, I would like to be wrong...it just seems like most of the time you go out with a new combo they under perform until you get some testing and tuning going. Heck, my car ran ~11.4 on its first pass.....I expect to have that beat by a full second this fall :D (5 years later)

First pass on my bike was in the high 12's, maybe the 13's. Best pass 11.56@117

How much does it weigh?

Can't say for sure. There is a scale at the end of the track. I'll weigh it. Should be too bad.

Front to back I've got tube upper and lower CA's, no sway bar, Lightweight wheels, aluminum radiator, heads, intake, no heater, glass hood, nothing in truck, headers and light exhaust.

Abodybomber, Low 11's would be nice. I'd like (the goal) a legit 10 sec street car as in street tires, full exhaust, 10 sec car al on the motor.

If it falls short the next step in my plan is to go with fullported intake and heads with a roller cam from jim laroy. He estimated it to add about 125hp to the equation. Also adding clatracs.

On DOT street tires with 20psi and through the mufflers.

Made 5 passes.

First pass 12.132, Best pass, 11.747

Best short time 1.423. Average short time 1.7's.

Attachments

• 20141020_081007.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 170
-
Back