New carb finally arrived, with pic

-
I swapped to a pair of 650 ATM's on my Cuda right at the end of the season last year. They seem like a decent company, and have answered my questions when I have called. Can you post that jet conversion chart? That might be a handy reference to keep in my carb folder.
ATM 650 Pair.jpg

I swapped to a pair of 650 ATM's on my Cuda right at the end of the season last year. They seem like a decent company, and have answered my questions when I have called. Can you post that jet conversion chart? That might be a handy reference to keep in my carb folder.
View attachment 1716250220
Just did. It’s the second picture above, first is blp

Haha…. This is what I have. Pulled it out to doctor up this carb after I get a power valve tomorrow morning.
This box exudes “ old” I have had it probably 25 years

View attachment 1716250261

I have two just like it. Gas and alcohol. My problem is people know I have it and their fortune of borrowing jets is my problem of having to buy new ones to replace them. I’ve heard every story in the book. Goes for floats, needles and seats, and gaskets too. I have an enclosed trailer because I like to go prepared

I have two just like it. Gas and alcohol. My problem is people know I have it and their fortune of borrowing jets is my problem of having to buy new ones to replace them. I’ve heard every story in the book. Goes for floats, needles and seats, and gaskets too. I have an enclosed trailer because I like to go prepared

I got a couple of blank spaces, but what I need for this one is in there.
I have an open trailer so nobody thinks I have anything..lol

Right in the living room lol ( I know it's not)

Topping off the battery as we speak. Once it’s done, just gotta have a buddy stop by and hold the doors and guide me out. Wife usually is here to help, but she is out of town till Saturday.
Hopefully tomorrow.

Topping off the battery as we speak. Once it’s done, just gotta have a buddy stop by and hold the doors and guide me out. Wife usually is here to help, but she is out of town till Saturday.
Hopefully tomorrow.
Nice

Hopefully tomorrow.

Did we make weight. Lol

Well…… right about 30 of the 40. My intention is to continue on up to and past 40. Seeing how I have stuck with it, and promise to stay with it…..all is good..lol
She tossed me the keys :lol:

Great job and you have a very understanding wife.

Great job and you have a very understanding wife.

Tell ya bud. It’s VERY hard. I don’t get around well anymore. So losing this weight has been 90% cutting back on what I eat, the other 10% getting on my schwinn airdyne at night and in the morning.
Recently it’s gotten harder and harder to get more off than it was initially.
Next step is to drink WAY more water than I have been, see if that helps some.
I started new years at 340 pounds. Couple days ago I was 312.2.
Really ultimate goal is 285. Seems like still a ton of weight, but I am 6’5.
Already wearing stuff I haven’t in years.

And yes, wife is understanding. She has seen me give up probably 5 or 6 times before after a month or so.
This is the first time I have ever stuck with it….gave me some wiggle room..lol
That and my racing days are numbered.

Tell ya bud. It’s VERY hard. I don’t get around well anymore. So losing this weight has been 90% cutting back on what I eat, the other 10% getting on my schwinn airdyne at night and in the morning.
Recently it’s gotten harder and harder to get more off than it was initially.
Next step is to drink WAY more water than I have been, see if that helps some.
I started new years at 340 pounds. Couple days ago I was 312.2.
Really ultimate goal is 285. Seems like still a ton of weight, but I am 6’5.
Already wearing stuff I haven’t in years.

I just wish my knees would let me do my Riverwalks that I enjoyed so much. In 2015 I pushed myself to walk a mile. I cut almost all bad carbs and still was able to eat a lot of food, just no carbs. In three months I was up to 4 miles walking a day 4-6 times a week. I lost 55 pounds in that time. Now I get winded walking up the hill to my mailbox. How pathetic.

I just wish my knees would let me do my Riverwalks that I enjoyed so much. In 2015 I pushed myself to walk a mile. I cut almost all bad carbs and still was able to eat a lot of food, just no carbs. In three months I was up to 4 miles walking a day 4-6 times a week. I lost 55 pounds in that time. Now I get winded walking up the hill to my mailbox. How pathetic.

I suffer from 2 things. COPD from smoking 45 years( I get winded EASY) I quit that…
And back issues that only arose after the VA did my hip replacement.
Lots of scar tissue, to clean it out they cut nerves, as hip and back were fused together. Much of the nerve stuff didn’t regenerate like they hoped it might, so any leaning over or walking much distance is a killer. Been the chiropractor route, hoping weight loss will improve some of this.
But, I am pushing 70, take zero meds, could be lots worse..lol

Unless you take the time to actually check the jets with pin gages you are just guessing/assuming. The conversion charts will tell you what the pinned size relates to in holley size. Once you get familiar with pinning your jets and find the correct ones for your combination, you can pretty much throw all the other jets out as float level and air bleeds are much easier to tune with.

Don or everyone, Try the carnivore diet, lots of info on youtube, my nephew uses it and lost 80# in 4 months, was a diabetic, now takes no medications at all, and no sign of diabetes or high blood pressure, Dr. was shocked, Nephew is happy as a Lark !
BTW, he has been on it for 2 years with no signs of ill effects.

Don or everyone, Try the carnivore diet, lots of info on youtube, my nephew uses it and lost 80# in 4 months, was a diabetic, now takes no medications at all, and no sign of diabetes or high blood pressure, Dr. was shocked, Nephew is happy as a Lark !
BTW, he has been on it for 2 years with no signs of ill effects.

I did something based off the Atkins diet and it was expensive back then. I would hate to see the cost of a week on this diet.

Love your Dart!! :thumbsup:

I was watching this video of yours and noticed how great the vinyl top looks. What do you use on it?

Thanks

Unless you take the time to actually check the jets with pin gages you are just guessing/assuming. The conversion charts will tell you what the pinned size relates to in holley size. Once you get familiar with pinning your jets and find the correct ones for your combination, you can pretty much throw all the other jets out as float level and air bleeds are much easier to tune with.
Jets don't work that way. They need to be flowed to verify there flow rates. Its not just about opening size its also length of the jet and entry angles that affect flow rates.

Love your Dart!! :thumbsup:

I was watching this video of yours and noticed how great the vinyl top looks. What do you use on it?

Thanks

Haha. Nothing. I had the car professionally ceramic coated by the buddy who owns the detail shop we use.
Just turn a hose on it once in a blue moon.
He did the top too. Didn’t do the glass is all

Last edited:
-
Back