new Challanger

-
I've looked em over. I've stood back and studied them real hard. It's suppose to be a muscle car...i think. But one thing is lacking in my opinion. The rear tires need to be wider than the front but they are all the same size. Not sure what it would take to make this happen but if i owned one i would certainly do some research in this area. Maybe one would have to relocate the springs in board and have a set of rims cut and widened. Dont know but this would make a killer looking car that is already a top notch car.
Small Block

I've looked em over. I've stood back and studied them real hard. It's suppose to be a muscle car...i think. But one thing is lacking in my opinion. The rear tires need to be wider than the front but they are all the same size. Not sure what it would take to make this happen but if i owned one i would certainly do some research in this area. Maybe one would have to relocate the springs in board and have a set of rims cut and widened. Dont know but this would make a killer looking car that is already a top notch car.
Small Block

Think maybe they learned from the GM F-bodies of the late '80s and the owners complaining that it was a b**** to have to buy two different tire sizes, make sure the front wheels stayed on the front, the rears stayed on the rear, and the insurance guys complaining that when the car needed collision work it was a bear to find used wheels or had to pay through the nose for recon'ed or new ones?

Nah, it was just cheaper to fill all four corners with the same size wheels and tires and the help out their service departments by selling $20.00 tire rotations.

I've always said I wouldn't own a black car. They are too hot. Than changed when I saw the new Challenger in black.
If you looked up "clunker" in the dictionary you would find a picture of my 73 Valiant. It didn't fit Uncle Sams bill though. Too old. Go figure.
I'm now even more determined to drive the darn thing forever ! I may even spray bomb some text on the sides like, "DID NOT QUALIFY"
If you should find it limping along in front of you , slow down or go around.
One things for certain, you wont find me using a cell phone while driving that car. Too many mechanical issues to tend to. LOL
Sorry I got a bit off topic. Happy moparing

I bought one of the 09 SRT8 Challengers and love it. Never drove a Viper but sat in a couple of them and they weren't that comfortable. The Challenger handles great and runs great and a lot of fun to drive. It is heavy though and that robs a lot of the power. I am also having a 71 cuda restored but if I had bought the Challenger first I would not have bothered with the cuda. I probably will never get my money back out of the Cuda and it will never ride or perform like the SRT8. I like the old E bodies but no comparison to the new cars. My 70 Cuda rides like a tank compared to the new Challenger. I bought the black Challenger but dont think I will ever buy another black car. To much trouble to keep clean.

I bought a black 6 speed R/T and I love it. It does need some wider tires in the back and I plan on upping the horse power in it as well. Great car overall though with a lot of that old school feel built in. It was no where near 45k either.
As for being mass produced, there were twice as many 70 Challengers made as there were 09 Challengers.

What's up with the new Challenger's side mirrors looking like Shrek ears from the front. They stick out really far for my taste!

They were smaller and sleeker on the concept version but from what i read they made the stick out further do to visual safety issues. I agree though they do stick out too far. Be nice if the aftermarket came out with replacements that are closer to the concept versions.

I would talk to the guys at Group Five.

http://www.g5challenger.com/

The G5/R #77 Tribute is a favorite of mine.
intro.jpg

I would say buy a Challenger.
The car I mentioned above would be ten-times more fun on the typical drive than the Viper.

And... If you start dating a hot mom the rear seat can house the kids.
Or... you and the hot mom... :)

-
Back