New Charger

-

jtkaaa07

BossMan
Reaction score
So, I heard from a buddy yesterday that I believe next year the charger will be available in a 2 door, anyone else heard this?

Jeff

haven't heard that ... but i will inquire .. my wife works for chry.... I know that the charger will have the high HP motor ..

No it's just a rumor. One that's been circulating ever since the abortion they call Charger came back to life as a fugly *** 4 door.

No it's just a rumor. One that's been circulating ever since the abortion they call Charger came back to life as a fugly *** 4 door.

That's what I figured, I know alot of people don't care for the 4 door, but I think the latest version is not too bad to look at, prolly the coolest 4 door on the market actually.

I heard the new Dart is going to be retro styled for 2016, and it will be available in two and four doors, and its getting a all new pentestar V8, 340 crossfire injection... Cant wait to see it

They fumbled that big time, making it a 4 door... even the 80's hatch back fwd ones had the right number of doors...

All they needed to do was call it a "Magnum Sedan", (as opposed to the Magnum Wagon),and all the BS about a 4 door Charger would have never happened.

I happen to like the car, I simply dislike what they call it. I'm also quite disappointed that they bastardized the name Dart with that little FWD abortion.

Personally, i like the fact that the ''new'' charger is a 4 door.
It's a new car, a new era, with new styling and everything is different about it.
If it was a 2 door, people would gripe about that too.
They have made a pretty good name for themselves as police cars, they are pretty sporty and have their own look.
The Crown Vic's were pretty cookie cutter cop cars, the new charger cop cars remind me of the Diplomats. Tough and stylish at the same time.
Dependable and get the job done. Reliable as hell.
Dodge. Different.
Right?

It's a new car, a new era, with new styling and everything is different about it.
They have made a pretty good name for themselves as police cars, they are pretty sporty and have their own look.
The Crown Vic's were pretty cookie cutter cop cars, the new charger cop cars remind me of the Diplomats. Tough and stylish at the same time.
Dodge. Different.
Right?

I agree, a 2 door is not very practicle anymore, and it's just a name on a car I personally don't think it takes anything away from the original chargers

This is supposed to be the new restyled charger. Man they f-ed the charger up..

Attachments

• 2015-dodge-charger-photos-and-info-news-car-and-driver-photo-586547-s-429x262.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 185
I hate the new Charger, only because it has made searching for parts for my real Charger, an inconvenience.

That's what I figured, I know alot of people don't care for the 4 door, but I think the latest version is not too bad to look at, prolly the coolest 4 door on the market actually.

I don't mind the fact it's a 4 door. I know I talk trash about it, but I don't like it because it's one FUGLY ****. I thought when the Magnum came out Chrysler had lost its mind. The Charger is just a Magnum sedan. Absolutely hideous. The very least they could have done was give it ONE detail that reminds you of what the Charger once was. Far as I'm concerned it's one BIG FAIL.

I don't mind the fact it's a 4 door. I know I talk trash about it, but I don't like it because it's one FUGLY ****. I thought when the Magnum came out Chrysler had lost its mind. The Charger is just a Magnum sedan. Absolutely hideous. The very least they could have done was give it ONE detail that reminds you of what the Charger once was. Far as I'm concerned it's one BIG FAIL.

I love em best lookin american auto now produced. if they change them to the one in the pic, they f up. go rent one for a week, then go rent a fusion for a week the ford got better gas mileage but really sucked aftyer driving the charger. supercharged road runner version needed tho------bob
rusty, you need to go to ford forum :pain10:

Dodge. Different.
Right?

Right.

You also missed a few points.

The "four door abortion" has been in production as long as the first three generation body styles combined.

People, in reminiscing, have a habit of forgetting the luxo-barges of the mid to late '70's and the little FWD cars of the '80's - which were in production for longer than the first three generations combined. So, what's a Charger again? A four door? A FWD four banger? A luxo-barge? A muscle car? Yes, yes, yes, and yes.

If any other auto maker besides Chrysler had come out with that car looking exactly the same, yall would all say it was a POS.

This is supposed to be the new restyled charger. Man they f-ed the charger up..

Agreed. I'm not a huge fan of the previous Charger but it sure looked a bunch better than the restyled one. What gets me is the Dart isn't overly popular by any means and they made the charger look like it.:violent1:

Hey Guys, i know everyone has a opinion so here is mine , We had a 04 Dakota 4.7 Quad Cab 4x4 She got dumped upside down in the ditch 3 miles from home in Dec 09 . It happened to be totaled so when we got the insurance settlement , I would have loved a new or slightly used Chally but at over 40 K up here in the great white north for a R/T it was out of reach for us . I had just retired so hence less cash flow . So i looked around and found a 06 R/T Charger Daytona edition at Belleville Dodge and called after lunch and by 5 PM we where driving it home . It was never winter driven had 32 K Kms (around 22K Miles ) That was in March 10 in over four years it has been driven over 105 K KMS (65K miles ) and all i have done to the car is a pair of front brake pads . So all i can say is they are a stellar vehicle even though they have four doors . P.S. I spent 31 Years on the line at GM and was driving a 77 Charger SE the day i walked in the door there in 1978 and still prefer Dodge products .P.P.S. It's my wifes car, I have a 09 Chev pick -up , Cheers, Bob

-
Back