New chrome heater hoses

-

Mopar to ya

Reaction score
I had a Coolflex upper radiator hose and wanted matching lower and heater hoses. Coolflex wanted $293 for the heater hoses. I cheaped out and bought some from eBay for $45. I got my $45 worth, but not much more. I conveniently forgot when you buy cheap parts, you get cheap parts. The clamps were so thin that they stripped as soon as they got snug. They were thin, and no other clamp would fit in the cover, so I ended up filing the hose clamp holes to almost twice their size to use good clamps. That took almost forever. While bending and shaping the hoses, some of the chrome started chipping off. It looks good now, but I know what crap it is and will start saving for Coolflex. It sure made a difference in the look. I didn't do the lower hose yet, but here is before and after with the heater hoses.

View attachment Heater hoses before.jpg

View attachment Heater hoses after.jpg

had the same type of thing happen with a friend. he went cheap and instead of lokar he went with something cheaper from ebay. pure junk..

I used some cheaper stuff, but I think it was polished stainless. I only used it for the Rad hoses. So I cant say that I have had a bad experience with it. Sorry that you have

I did however use the cheap knockoff Lokar cables also.. Bad idea! That was money down the drain! I ended up replacing them with in 500 miles.

-
Back