New Cooling/fan question

-
Looks good but I would try to get them closer to rad so it doesnt pull from under hood air.

I bet that your radiator is is partially plugged!! You can take the fan completely off and it still won't overheat on the highway.

I'm gonna take a guess you didn't read the replies...LOL.

New radiator with too high a volume Mopar Performance water pump....it's pushing too much water.

The fans are a little bit farther off the core than I would have liked, but the blades are less than a 1/4" off. Pulling a combined 2800CFM, I think it will move plenty...but we will see.

Have you tested this yet....I ask because I like your set up and my manual set up is just not cutting it.

Thanks!

I'm gonna take a guess you didn't read the replies...LOL.

New radiator with too high a volume Mopar Performance water pump....it's pushing too much water.

The fans are a little bit farther off the core than I would have liked, but the blades are less than a 1/4" off. Pulling a combined 2800CFM, I think it will move plenty...but we will see.

you may try button head allen bolts or countersunk machine screws instead of regular bolts, so you can get it closer.

Sorry for the long absence..been very busy. I haven't had a chance to really try it yet.

I just got my water pump swapped out, and used the 30% coolant mix with water wetter. I bought copper header gaskets too adn they didn't work worth a crap with my cheap headers...so I am going back to the proven laminates. I should have it tested by the weekend.

OK..new update. It appeared to be running much better, but still seemed to get a bit warm..not bad, but I still wouldn't want to take it out on 100 degree day (no AC, so I probably wouldn't drive it anyway).

I just got an infrared thermometer and was testing it out. After driving in traffic the gauge said a little over 200 when I got home. I shut the car off but left the gauge on (yes, I can do that). The temp gauge climbed a bit to 210, continuing to soak up heat from the block.

HOWEVER - while it was reading 210 on the gauge, I put the IR probe on the intake right at the temp sensor, and it only read 182! So now I need to ohm out my wiring and check connections, because it appears my temp gauge on the car is reading over 20 degrees hot!

...and no, it wasn't come cheap IR gauge, it was an $80 unit from Grainger.

-
Back