New Cragar SS rims

-

sydcuda

Reaction score
Well, I couldn't help myself. Despite already having a very decent set of polished allow rims (Cragar SS by Weld) I saw these at a car show over the weekend and, when the vendor made me an offer I couldn't refuse, dished out the cash for them. They're the new Cragar SS "Grey" series rims, which I feel will give my 68 a tougher, more era specific look over the pre-existing highly polished rims. I'll post some pics of them on the car when I can.

CIMG1804.JPG

CIMG1805.JPG

G'day mate. Great looking ( I mean great looking) rims. I thought the usual SS rims looked good; those are beautiful. Yeah, they will give your car a wicked new (but period correct) look. I for one would like to see your car when you get them installed.
Cheers Paul

Finally something cool from cragar... no offense to the people that like the same old cragars...

Can't wait to see those bad boys on there!

Yeah, those are pretty cool. I bet they're expensive though, I hope another company makes some knock-offs that are reasonably priced.

Lol....I'm very impressed ...."mate" is of course well known 'strine but "bonzer" and "ripper", that's the work of a linguist!
Thanks. I have my moments as a "cunning linguist" ! Oops, better keep it clean. This is a Family show after all!

Aren't those knock offs of the original "Torque Thrust". Anything close looks killer and those do look good.
Small Block.

Aren't those knock offs of the original "Torque Thrust". Anything close looks killer and those do look good.
Small Block.

Nah, they are basically original style cragars with a grey centre. I might consider painting the centres a bit darker though, like a gunmetal colour

Yes, I am sure :-D, I like them sydcuda.:cheers:
I bet that is one of the best looking car's in Sydney:cheers:

They are a bit too shiny, I was expecting them to be more gray on the car.

Well, the outer rims are polished, but nowhere near as shiny as ordinary alloy wheels. The surface has a textured machined finish, which I quite like. But yeh, maybe a little darker grey in the centres would be better. Overall though, very happy with them much better than the ultra shiny cragars I had before.

Yes, I am sure :-D, I like them sydcuda.:cheers:
I bet that is one of the best looking car's in Sydney:cheers:

Thanks Memike! ...not many 2nd gen cudas here (or first for that matter), not finished yet but when I roll it out of the garage within view of the street it certainly attracts attention, cant wait till I can get it on the road (maybe within the next 2 months if all goes well).

To be honest I like them the way they are. I think any darker and they will start looking like torque thrusts and every other wheel like that. I like the lighter spokes.... and I am sure in person they look different then the pics.

-
Back