New daily driver.. STI

-

racerkilla

Reaction score
I'm mopar through and through but couldn't pass deal on this sti. 2004 6 speed 49,000 miles. garrett 35r turbo, 10,000 crawsford short block, lowered, full exhaust, carbon trunk lid, front mount intercooler, jdm playback gauges, greddy boost controller, race clutch, brembo brakes.. list goes on and on had 30k plus of mods.... dyno'd at 550 hp to the wheels at 24 psi on pump gas.. over 600 with race fuel and 28 psi... sad part was a uncles step brothers car that had passed suddenly. car has sat for 2 years and been offered to me for pennys of what its really worth

sti1.jpg

sti2.jpg

sti3.jpg

sti4.jpg

Runs pretty good, Everyone I've taken out in it are like "O boy four door subaru" and once it builds boost no one can take their heads of the head rest... It has nitrous as well but bottle is missing. How it sits i can burn all 4 tires.

They are fun cars, Having worked for a Subaru dealership for two years I got to test drive many an STI and Spec B, obviously not built like this but fun none the less. My mother has a Legacy GT (lowered and bigger sway bars then normal legacy's and way lower then an OB) and the 3 LSD's along with the AWD 5spd stick and ws70 blizzacs make it one hell of a snow machine.

So what did you pay for it. The STI are fun cars I've had plenty of fun in quite a few 05,06 STIs. I still want to take spin in a legacy spec b though.

Were in NY are you ? I live right down the street from EFI Logics. They build some insane Subies. I've detailed a ton of them at my shop too. We have a pretty big club around here (CTSUBIE.COM)

I own an 08 Impreza, I hate it. LOL

sounds like you got a very nice deal on that car

my other car (one of my sons drives it now)

the only mod is an ACT clutch / flywheel combo which made a world of difference

Attachments

• car2.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 191
I drive a WRX daily, basic mods... they are really fun cars. The great thing is they have power/handling, and also great AWD for snow along with a good safety record...

I bet that thing MOVES with all those mods... I may upgrade to a STI when the wife finishes school...

He told me 2500. I gave him 4000... and i Don't think its one step motorcycle, They use these cars as ralley cars and take some good shots, And i've rode a motorcycle since i've been 17, 23 now with no issues. All depends in the respect you give what your driving

He was gonna give it to me at first, then i said i don't want it for free so he's like give me 2500... still felt guilty at 4000 lol. He has a lot of work trucks that i have been working on for years at the shop for cost of parts. I guess it pays off

Sexy STi if they are like evos any they can run 10s and still get about 30mpg talk about awsome if a muscle run 10s 7mpg lol

Nah, think I'm gonna keep it.. Needs some tlc from sitting around. The thing pulls pretty good for a 4 cyl. I was impressed.

actually just cleaned out the avcs banjo bolt filter on one today...threw codes for 'over retarded timing on intake cams 1&2

Awsome ride
I have always wanted one for a daily driver as I have a Daytona Iroc R/T that I just love to drive hell out of and should think about putting it away as its 1 of 17.I only have a couple of Mods done to the R/T but man oh man the car is fast and there is no where around here that you can just run it out and enjoy it.
TURBO CARS ROCK
Sounds like the guy built it to enjoy it and you should too.
And since your over in NY state,if you happen to come to Canaan,CT. at some point?I would love to go for a rip in it.
Doug

-
Back