New defense against drunk driving--sort of

-
You just can't fix stupid. What's the deal people who always look for any reason to sue someone, even if they were blatantly breaking the law?

its no wonder why companys profit in billions now if they just made millions then one lawsuit could steal a whole quarters profits. Look at big oil companys if they didnt make billions how would they pay for one spill because people are so lawsuit happy these days. Make me a judge and stuff like this woulnt happen.

really? No wonder this country has issues!! Lawrence

It generally takes a lawsuit like this to force entities to follow guidelines. I bet they don't place poles closer than the agreed upon safe distance of 10' from now on.

The passenger sued the driver who was drunk, the power company who placed the pole incorrectly, and the county who issued the permit to the power company to place the pole.

All contributed to the passengers injury.

It generally takes a lawsuit like this to force entities to follow guidelines. I bet they don't place poles closer than the agreed upon safe distance of 10' from now on.

The passenger sued the driver who was drunk, the power company who placed the pole incorrectly, and the county who issued the permit to the power company to place the pole.

All contributed to the passengers injury.

For that logic then the person might as well go ahead and sue the alcohol distiller. If the distiller hadn't made the booze then the person wouldn't be drunk.

Hell, throw in the car manufacturer. If the car hadn't been built then the drunk wouldn't have been driving.

Here's an idea. The passenger got in the freaking car with the drunk. How 'bout if he sues himself for being such a dumbass as to get in the car to begin, knowing the driver was drunk?

Nah, personal responsibility has nothing to do with it.

X2, LOL. I think, actually, that bars and "suppliers" HAVE been sued. I was amazed at that logic, too.

In CA there are millions of utility poles 1 foot from the curb.

I agree, sue happy lack of self responsibility people are ruining this country by setting a childish standard mentality.

-
Back