New Demon Owners

-
Hi,

Just wanted to say hello, my gf and I just bought a restored numbers matching 71 340 Demon in medium green metallic. It is being shipped from just north of Dallas and should arrive in upstate NY week after next. I look forward to being able to get info on this car, as right now my Mopar collection consists of two first generation Chargers, a 66 and 67.

Mark and Melissa
Rochester NY

WOW AWESOME CAR!!! CHARGER PICS PLEASE!! Welcome to FABO!8)

75-86.jpg

75-87.jpg

Thanks again! I shall post pics of the Chargers shortly, and can't wait to get the car so I can start asking those questions!! Car was picked up today (3/24) from just north of Dallas, should be here in about a week....:toothy8:

Mark

Hi again,

An update on our Demon, the car is actually 2 tone! The original color, F3, medium green poly, is in the engine compartment, trunk, and door jambs. The outside of the gar I think is Sassy Grass Green or something close. It has some pretty good sized paint chips and a big dent in the LF fender (I knew about the dent). I should have gone to look at it before buying it, as the tape lines when the car was painted are pretty bad, you can see a bunch of the original color even when the hood and trunk are closed. Oh, and the windshield is cracked. Lesson learned......

So....have a friend of mine that runs a body and restoration shop, and he is going to clean up the body lines where the painter missed some spots and repaint the car back to F3, and then replace the stripe package. I know the car will be much better looking, worth more, and I won't cringe taking it to shows with a two tone paint job! So more pics coming when she is out of the paint shop next month.

We did take her out for a spin the other day, some minor carb issues but she runs great, is very quick (coming from driving two 1st gen Chargers) and the quick oil change folks were all over the car! Ha!

We both love the car and when it is finished, I'm fairly certain it will be even more of a head turner!

Thanks and talk to you again soon,

Mark and Melissa

You paid somebody to do an oil change???????????

Better crawl under there and make sure the oil pan plug isn't stripped -- or missing altogether.

Hi again,

An update on our Demon, the car is actually 2 tone! The original color, F3, medium green poly, is in the engine compartment, trunk, and door jambs. The outside of the gar I think is Sassy Grass Green or something close. It has some pretty good sized paint chips and a big dent in the LF fender (I knew about the dent). I should have gone to look at it before buying it, as the tape lines when the car was painted are pretty bad, you can see a bunch of the original color even when the hood and trunk are closed. Oh, and the windshield is cracked. Lesson learned......

So....have a friend of mine that runs a body and restoration shop, and he is going to clean up the body lines where the painter missed some spots and repaint the car back to F3, and then replace the stripe package. I know the car will be much better looking, worth more, and I won't cringe taking it to shows with a two tone paint job! So more pics coming when she is out of the paint shop next month.

We did take her out for a spin the other day, some minor carb issues but she runs great, is very quick (coming from driving two 1st gen Chargers) and the quick oil change folks were all over the car! Ha!

We both love the car and when it is finished, I'm fairly certain it will be even more of a head turner!

Thanks and talk to you again soon,

Mark and Melissa

I am disappointed that the car requires a paint job. Hope your body shop can repair and repaint the car without breaking the bank!

After all, you already paid a fair sum to buy this car, and from the photos on the dealer's website, the car looked very straight and the paint looked very shiny and without major flaws.

I bought a car over the Internet 7 years ago, and exactly the same situation you are staring at, that's what I dealt with. I tried to get the seller to settle on adjusting / re-funding part of the price after I sent the check and the car showed up at my door, but that did not work out. The car was NOT up to the seller's description, plain and simple, and I had issues to fix too, on my own dime.

Since that time, I always get a fellow Moparite that has a good rep. to either inspect the car I'm interested in, or I get a highly recommended shop to do the same. I've had three(3) cars out of my area inspected, and passed on all three, based on inspection reports.

The inspections cost me between $80 - 150, and all were great for peace of mind!

All the best with the car!

My second new car (after my 1969 Dart) was a '72 Demon 340 automatic. Loved that car and am still searching for something similar.

Good luck

very naice car !!
Love the color !!
Send it over to sweden !!

i mean the car... or can i get the color code ?

I watched them change the oil and the plug is good! Its the last time anyone will change the oil other than me or Melissa! Ha! And it is buyer beware I guess, my responsibility to check it out and I relied on a dealers description, even though I would have thought he would have told me about the repaint being another color....it will all turn out fine I'm sure and thanks to everyone for their good wishes and welcome!!!

Mark and Melissa

-
Back