New Dodge at Home

-

alex_borges_br

Reaction score
Hi Guys, on December 30 I found a dodge on "brazilian ebay". Bought it on 1rst January.
As it was in another city, a friend collected it for me.
Last weekend (on 20th January), I went to Belo Horizonte (Brazil) to drive my new dodge home.

It is a Brazilian Dodge Magnum 1979 model.

Resize%2520of%2520IMG_2871.JPG

Resize%2520of%2520IMG_2883.JPG

Well, definitely we are crazy. We just checked water and engine oil... We went to a gas station and fueled the car (the car is using a GNV kit, which is a kit to work with a gas as propane). This propane kit sucks..

Resize%2520of%2520IMG_2881.JPG

After 280km (175mile) (63miles/h).. we're home

Resize%2520of%2520IMG_2931.JPG

Hi Frankie, all Brazilian dodges are a-bodies.
Our dodges, from 69 to 78, looks like 68 and 69 American darts.

From 79 to 81, they look like dart swinger.

Wow! That is certainly unique. Looks like it's built on an "F" platform. Is that correct?

have to repair rear quarter panel, where side markers are placed.

both side on front have some dents.. easy to fix.

passenger door has a huge rust. fortunately I have a spare door.. but I can fix this door also.

well.. I don't want to repair car body at the moment. Want to ride it as my daily car

Cool car, it looks to be in good shape too!! :glasses7:

have to repair rear quarter panel, where side markers are placed.

both side on front have some dents.. easy to fix.

passenger door has a huge rust. fortunately I have a spare door.. but I can fix this door also.

well.. I don't want to repair car body at the moment. Want to ride it as my daily car

It looks to be a nice solid car. Tell us more about it,we are always interested in learning about A bodies.

Nice all around I think. Grill is cool, dash is sweet, round gauges, console with 4 speed! I like the hell out of it! More pictures please.

These Natural Gas cylinders are on my list "to remove"

I'm not a fan of natural gas. They are big, ugly and heavy.

Resize%2520of%2520DSC03832.JPG

some trims we found on car. some of them looks really bad...

Resize%2520of%2520DSC03843.JPG

I used some newspaper to try to dry all rain water poured on the floor.

Resize%2520of%2520DSC03847.JPG

Floor not so bad!

I think I will only clean it.. I do not intend to do a hard work on this car. Just want to drive it!

Resize%2520of%2520DSC03849.JPG

Nice find Alex! It's a very cool car indeed. Thanks for the images.

Looks like a manual transmission. What engine do you have in your Magnum? Is a natural gas conversion popular in Brazil?

Good luck with your project.

all brazilian dodges use 318 small block.
the most common setup I note is 3 speed, shift on column.

All brazilian magnuns are 4 speed floor shift. They used to be a top model, with hydraulic steering and air conditioner.

Dodge guys do not like gas conversion. I don't notice any rodder or car collector that enjoy conversion.

But, a few years ago, natural gas used to be much cheaper than gas. Then, a lot of people converted theirs cars. Most of them professional drivers (as taxi).

Nice find Alex! It's a very cool car indeed. Thanks for the images.

Looks like a manual transmission. What engine do you have in your Magnum? Is a natural gas conversion popular in Brazil?

Good luck with your project.

Hi Tony, the blue mercury (and all other cars in that garage) behave to 2 brothers (which are great friends in Belo Horizonte).

Cool car Alex!

I also like that blue Mercury in the garage. Is that yours.

I also see a 1963 Chevy.

-
Back