New Drag Strip in WV

-

sireland67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Finally sombody got smart and built one in central WV.
Opens in mid summer.
Any WV racing brother and sister out there.
My wife will be running her Duster this year. (never raced)
I am going to start her out with a basic stock combo, so she can learn the tree first, they slowly mod the car so she can learn.
The best thing it is only 20 minutes from my house.

http://www.wboy.com/story.cfm?func=viewstory&storyid=93054

Well alright a track opening instead of closing:thumleft::thumleft:

Damn! "Should be ready by July 1". You guys really have something to look forward to this summer!
I'm happy for ya's, and happy to see a track OPENING like stroked 340 said.

Here in CT we have a choice of tracks; E-Town which is almost 3 hours from here through crazy NY & NJ traffic, Lebannon Valley which is just about 2-1/2 hours away through a lot of country, hilly roads. Either place is a great track, but both are a long way away from southern Connecticut.
CT Dragway closed in 1985 if I remember right when the owners folded to a bunch of threats from the envrio-weenies. That place was less than 1 hour away.
Best of Luck to you WV residents, and to your squeeze with her Duster!

George

I can't wait, it is a 2.5 hour drive to the nearest track (Charleston).
This new track is built right off I79 in central WV so it will be easy access to everybody in the state.

The guy that is building it is putting it on his property so I would say yes.
This guy also had a junk yard there in the 80's full of cudas, challengers, dusters, novas, etc. So I pretty sure he has a passion for muscle cars.

what happened to kawanha valley dragway? it is not listed on IHRA track list anymore. Bradley

Great to hear about a new track opening rather than closing.
I'm a native SoCal guy so growing up with so many now-legendary tracks like OCIR, Lions, and Irwindale was wonderful. Not to mention others like Riverside, Fontana, Carlsbad, Santa Ana, and Brotherhood Raceway. We had our choice of tracks to go to and race.
Now the only local 1/4-mile track is in Fontana. The current Irwindale track is 1/8-mile.
Have fun! You're right on teaching your better-half the basics with a mild combo. Build it quicker and faster as she learns.

what happened to kawanha valley dragway? it is not listed on IHRA track list anymore. Bradley

It is still open as far as I know, but it is a really long drive for me to go there.

Damn! "Should be ready by July 1". You guys really have something to look forward to this summer!
I'm happy for ya's, and happy to see a track OPENING like stroked 340 said.

Here in CT we have a choice of tracks; E-Town which is almost 3 hours from here through crazy NY & NJ traffic, Lebannon Valley which is just about 2-1/2 hours away through a lot of country, hilly roads. Either place is a great track, but both are a long way away from southern Connecticut.
CT Dragway closed in 1985 if I remember right when the owners folded to a bunch of threats from the envrio-weenies. That place was less than 1 hour away.
Best of Luck to you WV residents, and to your squeeze with her Duster!

George

Best wishes for your new track.

George, where was CT dragway? (Closed before I came to CT.)

-
Back