New Duster owner

-

Kevin Barlow

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I bought my first Duster this fall after waiting 30 years. It is a 1971 Clone that was nicely restored in 2011. I have plans to upgrade to a 4 speed Passon and have started gathering Rallye dash parts.

Thanks,

IMG_5940.jpeg

IMG_5941.jpeg

IMG_5871.jpeg

IMG_6115.jpeg

Welcome Kevin. Beautiful car. Been a fan of white cars all my life having owned several. What engine is in it now. If you do go the 4spd route, i hope the 7 1/4'' rear was upgraded also.

Welcome Kevin. Beautiful car. Been a fan of white cars all my life having owned several. What engine is in it now. If you do go the 4spd route, i hope the 7 1/4'' rear was upgraded also.
It has a 360 that is quite strong, lots of good parts on the build sheet. Rear axle is 8 3/4 with 3.91 Borg Warner cone style.

Welcome from Kansas. Nothing in the world better than a 340 A Body. Be careful dealing with Passon. He has been rather less than honest with some of our people.

Car looks super sharp. I would imagine some real harsh winters up your way?

Welcome aboard! Nice car! Search around for info regarding Passon. Jes sayin.

BTW, I don't think I've ever seen one of those in white. White looks really good on it.

Welcome from Texas, as stated be careful of dealing Passon.

Last edited:
I believe some are going to the Tremec 5 and 6 speeds. I have a friend building a F body with a stroked big block and he is thinking about one of the Tremec units.

I believe some are going to the Tremec 5 and 6 speeds. I have a friend building a F body with a stroked big block and he is thinking about one of the Tremec units.
Yeah get improved shifting and overdrive gears out of the deal too.

-
Back