New Emergency Flasher Switch?

-

matthon

Reaction score
Where can I get a new emergency flasher switch for a 67 Barracuda?
Mine does not work all the time, and it will work when the switch is up in the normal position, and when down.

I`ve experienced same bull. But---------first try some good contact cleaner/lube, I gave mine a couple good shots and a little workout, and has been working ever since. "years" Try it you may like it. LOL8) I sprayed it right down the shaft and moved at same time, from dash side, did`nt even pull switch.

If that doesn't work, I think I have an extra one.

Just wondering - which way is on for the emergency flasher switch? is up off and down on? Or vice versa?
Thanks!

If you open the switch up it is very simple inside; just a few brass contacts and a slide. You can clean the old grease out, clean the contacts, regrease it and reassemble it in about 15 minutes.

George

Up position is on. Its not the same full up you get from a toggle switch though. The stem stops centered so the bezel nut will come off over it. Getting it out to the workbench is the hard part.
Try not to loose the tiny sheetmetal locater on the shaft. Its' purpose is to allow tightening the bezel nut without cracking the plastic bezel.

-
Back