New Engine pics w2 408

-

73dart360

Reaction score
my stroker is finally together ,its ready to be dropped in,just a few small details,still along way to go ,still needs exhaust put on, fuel cell,headers,
the engine is KB 11:1 flat top pistons flat tappet racer brown cam 597 intake 560 exhaust,schubeck composite lifters, W2`s ported flowing 315cfm at 600 ,1.6 roller rockers,2.08 stainless valves ,TTi 1 7/8 headers
TTi 3" exhaust,T-FLO mufflers,i cant wait to get it back so i can block sand it and get some paint on it and take it to the track.

2007-12-30 15-29-48 - 408 W2.jpg

2007-12-30 15-29-57 - DSC00781.jpg

2007-12-30 15-21-05 - DSC00779.jpg

Dam......Looks like a runner !!!!!!!!

Very cool.

Keep us updated.

Yikes!
That baby is ALL MOTOR !

Planning on a dyno run?

That thing's goin to fly! My father has a very similar combination in his '72 Duster, but only with a stock bore/stroke. And that car does 11.0 Flat in the quarter..... your should push you into the 10's!

can you say ROCKET SHIP! w2 heads without any thing done are some awesome pieces /i have seen some cars that were equipped with these back in the day stomp the competition . just make sure you have all the safety equipment on your car should something go wrong other than that hold on that car's gonna be fun!:-D

i bought frame connectors from mancin they were the bolt in ones, they are actually really nice so we bolted them in then welded them , I hope its putting out 580-600 horse give or take the week point will be the size of the tires im only running 235/60/15 i do have Caltracs so it will help a little

Looks good..but thats a small tire for that combination,your going to need to go bigger,trust me...

That should be an animal! sounds like a sweet setup, but i think with that much power you need a bigger tire...plus it will look meaner too...have you thought about a minitub or atleast an offset shackle kit to fully utilize the stock tubs?

Looks good..but thats a small tire for that combination,your going to need to go bigger,trust me...

With the Cal-Tracs he should be able to get away with a 9" tire. I have the same rear suspension on my Dart, with similar Horsepower.... but more torque and I can carry the wheels with a 8.5" wide tire..... but wider tires do make it alot easier :-D

i am so out of money i couldnt even think about mini tubbing , i would love to have a 28" tall tire, i have a brand new spring relocationj kit that i will probably never use, cant afford to have it installed the only place they will be relocated is to the shed. I am on a mission so the car will be completed soon. I always tell myself this is the last car im building ,I lied to myself about 4 cars ago.

my stroker is finally together ,its ready to be dropped in,just a few small details,still along way to go ,still needs exhaust put on, fuel cell,headers,
the engine is KB 11:1 flat top pistons flat tappet racer brown cam 597 intake 560 exhaust,schubeck composite lifters, W2`s ported flowing 315cfm at 600 ,1.6 roller rockers,2.08 stainless valves ,TTi 1 7/8 headers
TTi 3" exhaust,T-FLO mufflers,i cant wait to get it back so i can block sand it and get some paint on it and take it to the track.
engine dropped in today

2008-01-08 15-58-14 - DSC00814.jpg

2008-01-08 13-01-03 - DSC00811 (2).jpg

2008-01-08 12-53-25 - DSC00810.jpg

Great motor. I am just beggining the rebuild of a 69 dart custom. I am looking to do more of a clone and am interested in upgrading my 318 to a 360 or 408 stroker. did you buy short block or crate or did you have it rebuilt with a kit. thanks for any info you can offer.
tim

Tim i had a 360 bare block with the main caps, i bought a forged stroker kit and purchased everything else piece by piece ,Indy cylinder did the porting on the heads , it got expensive fast it probably would have been cheaper to buy a crate motor ,but I know exactly what was put in my engine, I tried to use the best parts so i didnt have to upgrade later.

Nice build. You'll probably come in closer to the 540-550 range on HP. Torque will be strong and really broad.

If it's a 1/4 mile car, work on the suspension, rear AND front. Lots of Stock eliminator cars haul a$$ on 9" tires.

You can minitub a car for less than $40. It's mostly time and VERY little in materials.

You can minitub a car for less than $40. It's mostly time and VERY little in materials.[/QUOTE]

True. Assuming he has the time,tools and skill

cracked ,i would like to dyno it to get all the HP i can as for the suspension I have installed frame connectors -caltrac bars with the monoleaf springs and the rear adjustable shocks up front has slant six stock suspension with caltracs front shocks my project for next year might be widening the rear tire and lightening the car.I did just buy some A`100 oem seats still in the wrapper i think they weigh 14 lbs a piece or close to that.

-
Back