New Family Member

-

RustyRatRod

I was born on a Monday. Not last Monday.
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend across the county gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, so now we have a new family member. A 61 Falcon 4 door sedan. Laurel Green. The red carpet has to GO. lol Very fresh engine and transmission build, complete brake overhaul. It runs good. I think what I am going to do is get it road worthy, drive it awhile as I continue to work on my Valiant. When I get the Valiant where it's driveable again, I will give the Falcon to my niece that's in the Air Force. By then I will have worked all the bugs out. Little car is WAY solid.

FALCON1.jpg
FALCON2.jpg
FALCON3.jpg
FALCON4.jpg
FALCON5.jpg

Well dang. I like the car but I thought maybe you got a new dog!!!

Got my hopes up for a tubby little puppy who lies to chew up shoes and drag toilet paper all through the house.

I guess that ford will do. For now. LOL.

Well dang. I like the car but I thought maybe you got a new dog!!!

Got my hopes up for a tubby little puppy who lies to chew up shoes and drag toilet paper all through the house.

I guess that ford will do. For now. LOL.

That's what I was thinking!

We actually had a new family member come at 3:30 am this morning. A stray was lying under a row of mailboxes for 3 days around Christmas so we picked her up. Surprise!!

Strange she only had one puppy.

20200224_113750_2.jpg

A friend across the county gave me an offer I couldn't refuse, so now we have a new family member. A 61 Falcon 4 door sedan. Laurel Green. The red carpet has to GO. lol Very fresh engine and transmission build, complete brake overhaul. It runs good. I think what I am going to do is get it road worthy, drive it awhile as I continue to work on my Valiant. When I get the Valiant where it's driveable again, I will give the Falcon to my niece that's in the Air Force. By then I will have worked all the bugs out. Little car is WAY solid.

Ha, used to have one just like that as a daily driver when my Wife and I first met.
Great little car.
Straight six 170 or?

Sister had one pretty much just like that in the early 70's, down to what appears to be the original color, if that's it on the hood. We called it the Jewel. Was actually a pretty decent little driver, until the motor gave up.

!!WOW!!! Just before I joined the Navy, I bought a 60 Fal-Coon. Two door post. 85hp, 144 cid six. Had a GLASS float bowl on the 1bbl Holley. I managed to break the float bowl cleaning the carb.

The cooling system was very rusty, and the heater kept plugging. I flushed that thing a zillion times. In the winter of 67-68, "they tried to draft me." I signed up for 120 day delay program with the Navy. Sometime, early January, I was supposed to show up in Spokane, about 80mi one way, for physical and tests. OF COURSE for no good reason, I had to be there at "oh dark thirty."

Well the night before I'd lost my keys and didn't know it. I had to get up about 1AM. So not much time to look. (I found them about 7 years later after I got out of the Navy!!) Anyhow I figured out how to hot wire it, and even jumpered the heater motor to power. It was about 10-15 degreesF and snowing and blowing. I had just re-re-re flushed the cooling system and "filtered" the anti-freeze in prep for this trip

THE HEATER PLUGGED ABOUT 3 MILES LATER!!!!! So it was a COLD trip into Spokane, AND BACK!!! I took blankets and sleeping bag to wrap up in, as I "suspected" I'd need then. And they were not enough!!!!

Badassary at it's finest.
I love the fact that it's a 4 door

what are the plans? 460, 302 swap or tune it in and get it running like a top ??

I was in Buenos Aries Argentina once on a business trip. This was in the early 2000’s and there were Ford Falcons and Ford Falcon Rancheros, and station wagon Ford Falcons everywhere. I was told that Ford of Argentina introduced the Ford Falcon in the early 60’s, and then proceeded to build basically the same car for the Argentina market until the Ford Focus was introduced in the early 90’s. The 80 and up Ford Falcons have the rectangular head lights that were common in the era. The most Ford Falcons that I had ever seen in one place. Imagine, building - selling nearly the same car for 30 years....

Ford Falcon (Argentina) - Wikipedia

Rusty, looks like your car needs a grill, maybe you can get one of those modern 80's Argentina Falcon grills sent to Macon!

Last edited:
Looks really solid. Good catch.
We were in N. Houston other day at some propertwith wife's r/e business middle of town but the owners in that immediate area were decendants of black farmers from before the civil war days. Some country in the city. Anyway, I spotted a 65 Falcon and got ahold of the owner. We will get to look it over in a week or so, next trip down.

Ha, used to have one just like that as a daily driver when my Wife and I first met.
Great little car.
Straight six 170 or?

He said it's a 144. BUT it's a higher than base trim level. It has the optional 2 speed automatic "FordOMatic transmission, so it might be a 170. I haven't looked yet.

Last edited:
I think the valiant is going to be jealous, really jealous and might do something drastic for your attention :p

I was in Buenos Aries Argentina once on a business trip. This was in the early 2000’s and there were Ford Falcons and Ford Falcon Rancheros, and station wagon Ford Falcons everywhere. I was told that Ford of Argentina introduced the Ford Falcon in the early 60’s, and then proceeded to build basically the same car for the Argentina market until the Ford Focus was introduced in the early 90’s. The 80 and up Ford Falcons have the rectangular head lights that were common in the era. The most Ford Falcons that I had ever seen in one place. Imagine, building - selling nearly the same car for 30 years....

Ford Falcon (Argentina) - Wikipedia

Rusty, looks like your car needs a grill, maybe you can get one of those modern 80's Argentina Falcon grills sent to Macon!

I have pretty much everything. Grille and all.

Badassary at it's finest.
I love the fact that it's a 4 door

what are the plans? 460, 302 swap or tune it in and get it running like a top ??

Engine is a new rebuild. I am going to get it runnin well and drive it.

That is gonna be so cool it suits you. Even tho it's a ford:rolleyes: Haha jk I have a secret crush on Ford torinos and fairlanes dont tell anyone here please Haha

-
Back