New from Baltimore, MD

-

INVUJerry

Reaction score
Hey everyone! I just picked up this 74 Dart Swinger from a good friend of mine. It does need a little work, and has had some work done to it in the past. This is my first carb'd vehicle I've messed with, and my first car that you can use a timing light on! I do have some mechanical inclination, I've modded my 98 neon with a milled 01 R/T head, a custom grind comp cam, long tube header, mopar computer, safc2 fuel tuner, and a custom intake manifold.

I will be searching and asking for help a lot on this forum about the dart, since I do not know a whole lot about them.

Anyway, here's a few pics:

photo4-1.jpg

photo5.jpg

It was repainted at some point in it's life, I'd guess sometime in the 80's. It was originally a tan/yellow color.

Immediate attention is that I need to fix the brakes, they don't grab for a few inches when you get on them, although when you really nail them it does stop the car. Also, the speedo cable had laid across the exhaust mani and broke, so I'm driving without a speedo at the moment. The suspension feels a little lofty in the front, but the rear feels more solid (it does have air shocks), so I think it needs new springs all around, and struts up front.

Welcome Jerry. Looks like a good old girl you've got there. I have a 4 door sitting on my back field that is not in quite the shape that yours is. Actually not much left except the front fiberglass fenders. LOL

Welcome to FABO I saw your car on Craigslist and must of looked at it 100 times. Looked like a good deal. I wish you much success with it.

Welcome to FABO I saw your car on Craigslist and must of looked at it 100 times. Looked like a good deal. I wish you much success with it.

Yeah, it's the same car that was on Craigslist. I ended up paying $1300 for it. He just wanted to get rid of it since he wasn't doing anything with it.

-
Back