New from Montréal area

-

4drzdart

Reaction score
Hi,

been here a long time ago, got 2 kids in the mean time and kind of put the Dart on hold. In that period of time lost username and pwd. :banghead:

So I will present myself ... well my car.

1972 Dart 4 doors ... yep 2 doors extra, was the only thing $$$$ could give me at that time.

Factory 318 2 bbl, auto 904, disc brake, 7 1/4" rear, bench seat ... and a lot of green stuff.

Now :
- still 318
- 4bbl Holley 1850
- Holley Street Dominator intake. Soon to be change for a Edelbrock performer.
- a set of cheap headers ... a nice 9-10 hours of pure pleasure to install
- Large bolt pattern conversion, including the 8 1/4" rear (awfull ratio though) of the 74 donnor
- Cordoba black seats. Front bucket seat now.
- New carpet and headliner (so fun to install :banghead: :banghead:)
- 15" rallye Wheel
- new front direction/suspension kit from PST

Winter project:
- Repaint the carpet
- Install new intake
- maybe some heads change
- check for a rear solution

So here's beast:
image002.jpg

image003.jpg

image004.jpg

So that's about it ...

Welcome to FABO!
Nothing wrong with a 4 door car at all.
I wish more people had the guts to drive/restore them.......

Hey! Welcome!

I have a 71 Dart. I live in McMasterville. Always nice to meet a local A body guy. Let me know if you ever want to drop by. I am working on a 64 Valiant all winter.

John

Welcome to FABO!
Nothing wrong with a 4 door car at all.
I wish more people had the guts to drive/restore them.......

Thanks for the welcome.

I guess that peoples doesn't like the 4 doors because of the parts availability (mostly interior parts) which is poor , and also the really poor market value.
I had mine evaluated , and the result is that it's evaluated at half of what it cost me so far ... :banghead: and I am not finish with it.

Anyway , it still makes great learning cars. :toothy9:

Hey! Welcome!

I have a 71 Dart. I live in McMasterville. Always nice to meet a local A body guy. Let me know if you ever want to drop by. I am working on a 64 Valiant all winter.

John

Cool !
It's fun to know that someone here, is close to my place and share the same interest.

If you have extra parts let me know. I am looking for a large bolt pattern rear axle for my dart.

We might meet next summer in a car meeting ... :)

Welcome! 1 : Yes,cheap headers,are a PITA(Flowtech?). 2 You done your homework,Don't toss the old intake yet.3 :Look for a 73-76 ,8 and a quarter. Nice find.,enjoy yourself.

J'avais quasiment le même problème ; il y avait seulement une 4 portières disponible dans la démolition où j'ai acheté la mienne. En fait, mon fils insistait que l'on l'achete et j'ai promis de l'acheter si elle démarre. La reste, comme on dit, est l'histoire.

Après 2 ans de travaille, et beaucoup de modifications on arrivait à un très bon résultat. Au moins dans mon opinion..

Attachments

• 1097232_512736078806428_1842005938_o.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 91
  • 1093932_512736045473098_1053393725_o.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 1172390_512736142139755_679853219_o.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 61
J'avais quasiment le même problème ; il y avait seulement une 4 portières disponible dans la démolition où j'ai acheté la mienne. En fait, mon fils insistait que l'on l'achete et j'ai promis de l'acheter si elle démarre. La reste, comme on dit, est l'histoire.

Après 2 ans de travaille, et beaucoup de modifications on arrivait à un très bon résultat. Au moins dans mon opinion..

Superbe voiture Zuluman

I have looked at your build thread, and you have put quality parts with nice taste.
:thumblef:

-
Back