New from Outer Banks, NC

-

Rocky65

Reaction score
Hey fellow Mopar folks! My name is Rocky and I live in northeast NC just below Hampton Roads area of VA. I am truly AMAZED at the quality of this website, absolutely the best MOPAR site I have seen. Thanks to FABO administrators, this site kicks tail!! I have had many A bodies over the past 20 years or so... This past year after returning from Japan I picked up a 340 Duster out of a boneyard (LONG but GOOD story!). But, the coolest a body I have ever had has to be my '65 Dart Wagon, it is a factory 273 4 speed car. runs, drives, needs resto but well worth the effort. No pics of the wagon right now but will get some soon. My buddy had a 4 speed /6 valiant but I have never seen another 4 speed wagon yet, so if you have one please send some PICS! Happy to join the site and looking forward to talking and sharing knowledge with all of you! - Rocky

340 Duster.jpg

Welcome Rocky.I think my wife & I met you at Kinkers picnic last year. We were in the 65 valiant. Anyways You'll love FABO.Great folks & info. Hope you can make moparmadness.

Oldschoolcuda

Yes I remember your Valiant! NICE car! LOVE my early A bodies! See you all at moparmadness! 7demon2 - the Duster in the pic was on my car trailer at moparmadness last year. Couldn't wait to get it home, and my jaw dropped when I checked the numbers and found the #match 340 was still there... Just proves don't stop looking, they are out there! Looking forward to meeting you all soon...

I have fallen behind on welcoming our new members here :read2: But I have been fish'en:-D and getting out of the house :-D
Welcome to this great place I call home :happy10:
There is a member here with a 4 speed 64 valiant wagon I think :-k.
Thank you for the great intro with pictures =P~ and glad to have you on board.:cheers:
We have some of the best of the best tec's here and some good folks from around the world here to enjoy. :happy10:
I see you have Jump on in :cheers:

Rocky,
Welcome Rocky I just live down the road from you.
Car looks mighty familiar.Did it come from the Elizabeth City area????

Hey tufftoy, no the car came from a little town close to the West Va border, about 30 minutes west of Harrisonburg. My buddy Dana spotted the car 2 years ago while I was still stationed in Japan, he never went back to get it... long story but it is here with me now and it AINT going to the crusher :) you should come to mopar madness in Dinwiddie this weekend, I will be running a '68 Cuda...

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. Adam keep us posted on the Dart. Tufftoy I have to correct myself, it is probably close to 4 years ago that the car was discovered, we went back last year and it was STILL there! the only thing missing were the bucket seats, console and wiper motor... when I pulled into mopar madness last year with it (one day after pulling it from the spot in the picture) a guy said he knew the car and it had been in the spot I pulled it from for about 10 years!! Unbelievable!! Many people had asked him to sell and he never did, guess I caught him on the right day!!

Welcome aboard Rocky, it's about time...LOL How's Dana doing, i gotta give him a call soon. I stopped by and seen him in april along with your new house (sweet place). Well tell Dana i say hello and talk @ ya soon. Mopar Baby!!!
Ed

Ed! Hey buddy, sorry I missed you when you stopped by. Dana will be glad to hear from you. The house is getting there, taking a back seat to the mopars right now (BAD hubby, BAD!!) We will keep your Demon safe! Great to hear from you Ed, hope you can make it to Carlisle!

I know where one is sitting identical to yours.White interior/buckets.I will be @ VMP this week end...How can I find you????Car #/Color? I was just down in Manteo today appraising damages to a Kenworth....

It seems there are alot of N.C. guys on here, I wonder if we could set up a meeting in a central location for everybody to meet?

tufftoy the car is a '68 Barracuda notchback, orange and white with Ed Miller on the front fenders... If I don't get the brakes finished before Friday I may just hang with Ed, his car is a '65 Belvedere, orange and white with a Hemi, we will be close the stands (opposite end of the staging lanes). Dusted72 that sounds like a great idea, you have a location/time in mind?

-
Back