New from Philly area

-

72Twisterguy

Reaction score
Hi, I'm Pete. 50 YO, married, 2 small kids. A barn full of Mopar projects (mostly) collected over the past 30 <gasp> years.
I'm partial to C-bodies and Imperials but did pick up a 72 Twister almost 25 years ago. It's a neat car. 318 3-speed, white with black side and rear tape stripes, black hood stripes/strobe stripe with scoops. Very tired with 140k miles but never abused. Many years ago I snagged a wrecked 72 Demon 340 that had the 3-speed manual and a completely stock drivetrain. So I have the engine, trans, k-frame, driveshaft, rear, clutch pedal assy, etc. from that car. Over the years I also accumlated other parts from 1972 parts cars including a power disc brake setup, everything I need for an A/C install, and a full set of tinted glass. Now all I need is the time to bring it all together.
Recently I stumbled into a very nice original 1961 V200 4-door sedan. 50k miles! and it really looks like a 5 YO car. Thinking of adding that to the fleet if I can get the seller to work with me on price.
Imperials are fun but I love the simplicity of the A-body.

hey another local!
got any 62 300 parts for sale?
I know someone down your way working on one

welcome. i love about an hr or so north of you in boyertown. its outside of pottstown.

@caferacer,
Is her name Nell? If so I've worked on that car.

wow cool must be another one! almost never see them
my friend just picked up this one a couple weeks ago,
it didnt come from around here,

Attachments

• 62 300 004.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 91
Welcome to FABO! I grew up just outside of Reading. Small town called Birdsboro. I also lived out by Maple Grove for a short time.

@ saxy, my bud just hauled a 65 Chrysler 300 coupe out of Boyertown. Or was it Gilbertsville? It was a basket case that he will demo derby but I got to strip it and got some *great* parts out of it: factory power window setup, factory AM/FM radio, factory power bucket seat, plus the running 383-4V and auto trans. Great score for both of up.

@homecloned, I pass through Birdsboro once in a while. The last time I got totally hosed by a detour for some brigde that has been out for a long, long time. It was pouring, I had two small kids in the car, and i almost ran out of gas. What a pain. Two college room mates grew up there. A Tom Geyer and a Russ Richard. Haven't seen either of them for almost 30 years though.

Welcome!

I'm up in Chester County, not far from you. I have a '66 Barracuda that you might see out and about on weekends. There are a few other A bodies around, not too many (I'm often the only one at local shows). If you don't already know about them, check out Delco Cruisers - they sponsor/participate in a lot of events.

Steve

Welcome!

I'm up in Chester County, not far from you. I have a '66 Barracuda that you might see out and about on weekends. There are a few other A bodies around, not too many (I'm often the only one at local shows). If you don't already know about them, check out Delco Cruisers - they sponsor/participate in a lot of events.

Steve

hey redfish lets see some pics of your car, allways nice to see another 66

Attachments

• fall 2010 035.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 75
picture2943.aspx

Here's a photo of my car at the HCCP Ludwigs Corner show last September. Hope this works - first time I've tried to link an image.

Steve

-
Back