NEW??? Frontend option

-

swisswill

Reaction score
Just stumbled upon a "new", how new I'm not sure, front suspension option for those looking for something "slightly" less expensive than Alter-k and the others. This is from Martz Chassis who has, from what I've read, a good reputation for high quality products. Seems to include everything but a sway bar, including brakes. Not sure about motor mounts though. Upgrades in brakes and shocks are available. Only downfall for some will be that it's a weld-in crossmember. But, at $3050 it may be a more reasonable option for some. Saves @ $1500 over the Alter-k when you add the sway to the Martz and brakes to the Alter-k. Good to have options anyway...

http://www.martzchassis.net/chryslerabody

They also have an example of an installation.

http://www.martzchassis.net/abodyfrontinstall.html

I just read through the installation. No motor mounts included, but the kit seems complete to help you with the install.

Saves @ $1500 over the Alter-k when you add the sway to the Martz and brakes to the Alter-k.

you sure? that page doesn't say anything about the kit coming with brake hoses, bearings and seals, its extra for the kit to adapt to your steering column and what kind of coil overs does it come with if QA1 are an option. all that stuff comes standard with an alter-k kit. i'll bet at the end of the day you'll eat that so called $1500 savings really fast. and if someone has to pay to have that baby welded in i wonder what that will cost.

Sorry Joe, that's about $1325 savings when adding a sway bar to the Martz and brake it to the Alter-k, and that I am sure about. Don't know about the rest and honestly I don't care. I'm not in the market for one, I designed and built my own suspension. But with all the talk about front ends lately I figured I would pass it on. Don't shoot the messenger Joe, I'm not trying to sell the thing, I'm just providing information. If someone wants to contact them and do a head to head comparison have at it.

Don't shoot the messenger Joe, I'm not trying to sell the thing,

i'm not. just asking because i don't think most people realize what you get with an alter-k. all they see is price and cry about it. in reality all you need to buy on your own is bearing grease and brake fluid. the rest comes with the kit. its all that little crap that adds up fast.

i dont like that fact that you have to butcher your car up in order to install this thing....seems like more/unnecessary work...that right there just steered me away...

and what oil pan will fit that thing? probably have to get a custom one for that baby. for the few hundred more the alter-k will cost your better off going with a proven (complete kit) front end that bolts in and accepts stock style oil pans.

boy the strut rod brace across the front sure dosn't have much bracing...

There is a part # for a rear sump bb oil pan listed. Would imagine a Charlies pan might fit. For the amount of surgery needed why not just torch the entire front frame off at the firewall and build your own?

-
Back