new gas tank for trucks

-
That is great for those doing a FI retrofit, but what about us that just need a "stock" type replacement. I have two of these trucks, and both are carbed. Both trucks have cracks in the tank near the top (can't fill). I would be fine paying $300+ for the tank, but another $300+ for a fuel pump, and then another $60 for a sender that probably won't read correctly due the windings in the rheostat being linear. Forget that. I'll just keep filling my tank to about 3/4 full. Then you need to do wiring for the electric pump with safety shutoff.
With as many of these trucks out there I find it hard to believe no one will make a stock replacement tank.

I'm in the same boat with my 88 ram D350. It has a carb. Needed a tank for 10 years now.
The tank keeps splitting at the top And I have patched it twice.
Same as you I now only run it at half full. I checked into these and you forgot the $160 shipping cost !
Over $820 to replace the tank. I guess everything is expensive now a days.

its fine for carbs and efi! Upgrading to efi at a later time is much easier with the intank pump.
burning down your car or house costs way more....

its fine for carbs and efi! Upgrading to efi at a later time is much easier with the intank pump.
burning down your car or house costs way more....
No it isn't. Not if you're running a manual fuel pump on the engine. I saw no option for just a fuel sender, unless I missed it. They all include a pump.

-
Back