New German Shepherd Pup!

-

ramcharger

Dismember
Reaction score
Adopted another dog this weekend from the shelter. This time, it's a two month old purebred German Shepherd.

Turbosmall1.JPG

Turbosmall2.JPG

Niiice Dog!!I had 3 German Shepherd's 15 years ago.Goood Dog's1Nice to see you took him out of the shelter,Look's preety happy!

You are going to love that pup man.
They are very smart and loyal to the people they live with.
is it a girl or boy? Lets give it a name!! I had a dog named ratchet and now I
have one named socket. They booth protected my house and shop.

Here is socket my partner in crime,
And then there is boogie a malltees my sleeping cooking and anything ells I do and follow me every where.
Then there is Burnny Mac my sons dog that live's here on the hill with me.
yep 203lb and eats 6 to 7 cups of food a day.

Love them dogs. :toothy7:

socet  with c.c 40 oz 008resize 5.jpg

socket boogy.jpg

buny 3resiz.jpg

LowDart,

I had a German Shepherd years ago until he died from cancer, smartest dog I ever had. This new puppy fits in with our family like a key in a lock. She had only been home for 45 minutes when that picture was taken, and she's really relaxed. Even our 14 month old Rottweiler/Shepherd mix digs her, until she tries stealing food out her bowl though. Nothing funnier than seeing a puppy with a single piece of kibble in it's mouth running full blast with a big Rottie mix chasing her and winning!

Memike,

It's a girl Mike. Sorry man but I already named her. :goodman: After the above stunt she pulled, we decided to call her Turbo! I only wish we had named the other dog Charger. LOL!

Ratchet and Socket! That's great! Socket has an awesome coat. Super shiny! Boogie and Bernie Mac look healthy too. I would imagine that not many people would have the stupidity to mess with you, your son or your property with so many four-legged guardians on patrol. :thumbup:

Yessir, a big reason we adopted both these dogs was for protection for my step daughter and our property. I don't think I'll ever have to worry about her playing in the yard with these two dogs with her, at least once Turbo grows up.

Yes, Turbo has stolen our hearts and at this moment is probably running like hell with 'em right out the back door! LOLOLOL!

EDIT: Oh yeah, did I mention I almost forgot how sharp puppy teeth are? Jeez!

Sounds like a happy family ramcharger!! She is a beautiful shepherd. :thumbup:
I like her name to! it rolls off your tong easy, Here Turbo Here. :blob:
Yep I like it. Yes you are right them young teeth are sharp.
Get her a toy just for her and lets see how long your Rottweiler can get it from her. :toothy7:
Enjoy brother ramcharger.

Get her a toy just for her and lets see how long your Rottweiler can get it from her. :toothy7:

Ps they will keep these bugger's out of your yard too.

ark444.jpg

Nice pup.
I just played with one of my customers full size male sheperds today.

He is 2 yrs old, but acts like a pup.

I was under this guys Mercedes and the dog was trying to shimmy his way under the car to play with me while I was dropping the tranny pan ha, ha, not a good thing to happen with a pan full of fluid in the hand and a big dog licking your face.

Nice pup.
I just played with one of my customers full size male sheperds today.

He is 2 yrs old, but acts like a pup.

I was under this guys Mercedes and the dog was trying to shimmy his way under the car to play with me while I was dropping the tranny pan ha, ha, not a good thing to happen with a pan full of fluid in the hand and a big dog licking your face.

You did a good thing. All of my dogs (and there have been many) were either rescues or adopted from various animal shelters or pounds.

She's a good looking pup too.

I foster animals for a local rescue organization. The current one, Leo, is about number 40 over the last ten years. I keep 'em until they find a good home, then I get the next one. Most of ours are pound rescues, but we get a few surrenders now and then. This one is probably the biggest I've had, though.

http://www.adoptapetfm.org/dogs/Leo/Leo.html

ramcharger said:
Adopted another dog this weekend from the shelter. This time, it's a two month old purebred German Shepherd.

Congrats on your new puppy,that is a beautiful dog.
Here is a pic of our baby Jessie,she is the love of our life and AKC certified good citizen.

Picture.jpg

Picture 097.jpg

memike said:

Ps they will keep these bugger's out of your yard too.

Mike,
Tell us about this snake,holy crap !!!!!!

Congrats on the newest member of the family. My dog Dexter is 16 and suddenly suffered a strange attack called Idiopathic Vestibular Syndrome just last Saturday. It`s an inner ear/brain dysfunction. Poor thing, can`t stand and refuses all food. I`m doing my best to nurse him back to health. One day I may get another pup when Dexter`s gone, but man this week`s been heart rending. I wish you many happy ,healthy years with Turbo

IM000882 (Small).JPG

my gsd Bo is 10 now. adopted him from the local humane society when he was 8months. he is an excellent dog. he always needs to know where the kids are. he is very funny when I have taken him to the bus stop and the kids get on the bus and he is not allowed to go, thats when the howling starts.
and after about $700 at the vet getting the dog and our 2 cats up to date we have 2 more kittens from the shelter. Oh yea and Bo got a clean bill of health.

onehellofadart said:
Very good looking pup!!

Mike you really have snakes that big by you?
Yes we do but this one I believe was killed up close to DragenMaster in Fayetteville Arkansas, That is a diamond back ground rattler.
the same snake that is all over America. You just have to find rocky top mountains close to a spring or river.
The biggest one for me was 5' 3'' long and I sold the hide for 75.00 dollars.
Big a$$ snake. the pic you see is no one I know I just read the story and found it on the net.
You got them that big in your state to, You just have to go hunt them down.

Memike: Holy crap! I've seen some western diamondbacks out here but nothing like that! If saw that sucker in my yard I'd probably grab my shotgun.

Onehellofadart: Thank you! :)

Cudaspaz: Crack me up! Hard to get mad when you know he just was just diggin' ya! Shepherds are great judges of character and are generaly quite aloof. if he dug you, there must be a good reason. :)

Guitar: That's freakin' awesome. There are so many dogs that just need a good owner with some dog heirarchy knowledge and a good heart. So many of these dogs just had bad owners and just need people like you. Hats off! :thumbup:

Leanne: There's a special place in heaven for people like you who unselfishly give their time only to have to say goodbye. Right up there with those who foster children. Don't overlook the big guys though! They're just as lovable, just a bit more umm... physical!!! LOL! Plus, nothing beats the look on the suspicious guy who comes to your door asking to use the phone. Happened once already to my Fiance', no joke. Our first adopted shepweiller mix may have saved her and her daughter's life!

JohnnyDart: Too cool! I can't stop thinking of the Little Rascals! :toothy7:

Dexter is 16 that is quite old for some dog's I feel for you long gone.
Nothing can get me down as fast as a animal that don't feel good.
he sure is a beautiful Dalmatian. My brayers go out to you and Dexter.

LeAnne thank you for your hard work and care you give these animals.

Longgone: Oh **** man, I'm so sorry. I truly wish Dexter, you and your family the best of luck and I'm hoping for a good turn out. Keep us updated. :sad1: I have already thought of Maxie's and Turbo's passing as I know it's inevitable. That's what makes true pet owners so special as we are so willing to give love when we know in the end, it will break our heart. Of course, we gain so much from their friendship, loyalty, protection and ridiculous antics! One day I'll post a story about Rocky, my first GSD as it is absolutley amazing how smart our furry companions are.

Dodgenit: It's incredible the bonds that the GSD makes with our family. They are truly the epitome of loyal. After 41 years on this earth, I'd trust a GSD over most people (including my boss!) any day! BTW, I think you'll dig my GSD story too.

I was driving my Jeep Comanche PU through some desolate Pennsylvania State Forest lands on a dirt road on my way back from a boring meeting. I come around a corner, and there along the road in the clearing of some trees is this young skinny German Shepard. I slowed down quickly, wondering why a dog was this far back into the woods, and thinking that it must be lost. No collar, and I was not sure what I should do, but I stopped.

The dog looked at me quizzically, started toward me and I said something and he started running toward me...like uh oh, rabid? He came up to me and I let the tail gate down on the truck, and he jumped right in. Definitely skinny, and I didn't like German Shepards all that well since I had never had one as my personal pet, and they are surely loyal(try to pet one if it isn't yours when they don't trust you).

He rode along in the bed pretty easily on the back roads and soon I went under Interstate 80...and a small rest area, hmmm, escapee, or drop off? Well I got him home, and had to go to work. Oh yeah, what ever he puked up in the back of the truck...I washed out at the carwash on to the concrete and left for the proprietor. Not Yummy! I locked him in the garage, and headed off to work, bringing him some leftover pizza(a lot of pizza) from work at the end of the night. Let him out of the garage and fed him. He ate that whole pizza in about 15 minutes.

Well the short story is that he was the best dog I had ever had and still hasn't been beat. He lived with me for 12 years, until I had him put down because of hip problems...

Well, enjoy the puppy, hopefully the shoes and remote controls don't get eaten. I'm sure she'll be a great family pet!

3404speed said:
Well the short story is that he was the best dog I had ever had and still hasn't been beat. He lived with me for 12 years, until I had him put down because of hip problems...
Well, enjoy the puppy, hopefully the shoes and remote controls don't get eaten. I'm sure she'll be a great family pet!

I know about the hip problems from my first purebred GSD. This pup was shown on the adoption webpage as a "mix" and i was thinking "Perfect! No hip displaysia!" Well, after I picked her up, the surgeon (they must be nuetered before release) said "How did you get so lucky to get this beautiful purebred GSD!". I said "Well, i was told she's a mix.". She said "Nope, I knew this puppies ***** and sire, and you lucked out. They had to move spur of the moment and had no choice but to leave her with us." I can only surmise that they were afraid she'd be adopted for profit.

Yep, I know about the shoe and remote thing. I broke my last GSD of that habit by "substitution and negative reinforcement". I sprayed the remote with bitter apple and would buy a new rawhide, drop in my boot after work and overnight, then seal it in a plastic bag. When I caught her with my shoe or boot, I would sub the rawhide. Only took about a month to stop the carnage!

You did a great thing. Your GSD probably would have died from hunger or parasites without your intervention. :salute:

-
Back