New griffin dominator rad installed, upper rad. hose never fills.

-

Kevin Jonker

Reaction score
I can squeeze the upper hose closed with no problem after the temp gause reads 200. I got some good advice from fishy68. What I am wondering since the thermostat was new 6 months and probably 100 miles ago, if I have a air pocket? I don't think the stat is even opening. would an air pocket cause the stat not to open? The tstat was a good quality one from carquest. Thx, Kevin

Try a new thermostat. We have had many threads where a near new thermostat was the cause of problems like this.

Or you can take the stat out for testing (just make sure you replace it).

I would think this is a cap problem rather than the stat. HEAT (pressure) is what causes the hose to get "hard."

When you filled it, did you pull a heater hose/ other fitting to burp the air out?

No I didn't burp the air. Never had to do it before, so no. Shouldn't the rad. cap being off let any air out as it's being filled, then idling without the cap?,

So if I pull the stat and drill the hole this could solve the problem right now? As always thx for the imput, I LOVE THIS FORUM!!!!!

No I didn't burp the air. Never had to do it before, so no. Shouldn't the rad. cap being off let any air out as it's being filled, then idling without the cap?,
if it's warmed up, with the rad cap off, and it's not puking coolant, you don't have enough coolant in it to start with

good luck

-
Back