New guy from central Florida

-

Bjrodney75

Husband, Father, and Disabled Combat Vet
Reaction score
Hey all! I'm Bill and I joined earlier today looking for some slant 6 knowledge, as I'm not familiar with them at all. Had a Mini Cooper for a while, but got tired of having to take half the damned car apart to work on anything, so I'm back to my Mopar or No Car ways again (my DD is a 2018 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel with Bighorn Trim and 4x4). All of my prior car knowledge has been on 401 Strokers and AMC 360's spread across 2 Wagoneers, and Grand Wagoneer, and a '74 Charger...none of which I have any more. Next week I'm going to look at my next toy/project, which is a '72 Dodge Dart Swinger. I don't have any pics to upload yet as I've not bought it yet and the seller took the listing down a couple days ago since I'm the only one who expressed an interest in it in 6 months of being listed. When I get some pics, though, I'll get them up.

My build plan is to keep it mostly stock and make it a cruiser, rather than dumping a ton of money into it and blowing peoples doors off cruising around town...disk break conversion front and rear, open sided air cleaner, headers to a 2.5" strait pipe, EGR delete, HEI unit, and a little bigger carb.

Welcome Bill, from another CFL guy.
Lots of friendly, helpfull folks on here.:welcome:
Good luck on your toy purchase!

Hey all! I'm Bill and I joined earlier today looking for some slant 6 knowledge, as I'm not familiar with them at all. Had a Mini Cooper for a while, but got tired of having to take half the damned car apart to work on anything, so I'm back to my Mopar or No Car ways again (my DD is a 2018 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel with Bighorn Trim and 4x4). All of my prior car knowledge has been on 401 Strokers and AMC 360's spread across 2 Wagoneers, and Grand Wagoneer, and a '74 Charger...none of which I have any more. Next week I'm going to look at my next toy/project, which is a '72 Dodge Dart Swinger. I don't have any pics to upload yet as I've not bought it yet and the seller took the listing down a couple days ago since I'm the only one who expressed an interest in it in 6 months of being listed. When I get some pics, though, I'll get them up.

My build plan is to keep it mostly stock and make it a cruiser, rather than dumping a ton of money into it and blowing peoples doors off cruising around town...disk break conversion front and rear, open sided air cleaner, headers to a 2.5" strait pipe, EGR delete, HEI unit, and a little bigger carb.
Welcome

Thank you for the warm welcome! The Minister of Finances (wife) is having me put together parts lists and costs right now. I've a feeling she's trying to put this purchase off as long as possible.

Thank you for the warm welcome! The Minister of Finances (wife) is having me put together parts lists and costs right now. I've a feeling she's trying to put this purchase off as long as possible.
Remember, better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

-
Back