New guy from Louisiana

-

Jonathan Newbury

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my names Jonathan from Folsom LA. I have come across this forum a few times in my searches, so i decided to join. I have a 1974 Plymouth Duster with a 318/904. I purchased it about 4 years ago from someone in Denham Springs LA, she was sitting under an oak tree for years and was sunk to the floor in mud. Most of the mechanical is new, complete brakes, fuel system, etc.. Great running 318/904 from a 71 cuda. Runs really good apart from being a little warm on the 90+ days, which is about every day this time of year. I daily drove her for 3 months while i procrastinated fixing my daily driver, no problem at all. I also have a 1996 dodge viper rt/10 custom blue paint with pearl white stripes. Its all pretty much stock apart from paint and wheels. I picked her up a few months back from Biloxi MS, ran great until the thermostat decided to stop opening which is now this weekends project haha... Well i hope to learn a thing or two here this is my first forum i have joined.
072.jpg
022.jpg
028.jpg
030.jpg
031.jpg
083.jpg
087.jpg
089.jpg
090.jpg

Hi everyone, my names Jonathan from Folsom LA. I have come across this forum a few times in my searches, so i decided to join. I have a 1974 Plymouth Duster with a 318/904. I purchased it about 4 years ago from someone in Denham Springs LA, she was sitting under an oak tree for years and was sunk to the floor in mud. Most of the mechanical is new, complete brakes, fuel system, etc.. Great running 318/904 from a 71 cuda. Runs really good apart from being a little warm on the 90+ days, which is about every day this time of year. I daily drove her for 3 months while i procrastinated fixing my daily driver, no problem at all. I also have a 1996 dodge viper rt/10 custom blue paint with pearl white stripes. Its all pretty much stock apart from paint and wheels. I picked her up a few months back from Biloxi MS, ran great until the thermostat decided to stop opening which is now this weekends project haha... Well i hope to learn a thing or two here this is my first forum i have joined. View attachment 1715197790 View attachment 1715197792 View attachment 1715197793 View attachment 1715197794 View attachment 1715197795 View attachment 1715197796 View attachment 1715197797 View attachment 1715197799 View attachment 1715197800
Hi Jonathan and welcome aboard. I'm "next door" to you in Mississippi. Looks like a nice project you have there and you've done some great work so far. You'll find plenty of help and advice here should you ever need it. Look forward to seeing some more progress pictures soon.
Robert

Welcome to FABO!

I like the color, burnt orangish? The stripe down the drivers side looks like there is some sort of darker graphic in the door area. Could that be one of those options called a "Hang Ten"? (At least that's my guess!)

Thanks everyone, and i do not believe its a hang ten, the stripe is pretty faded though. I will have some more progress pictures soon.

Welcome aboard I don’t know how far you are from New Orleans but they have a great club their and in March they throw a fantastic car show and party 2 Day event a lot of people from surrounding states go along with a bunch of guys here in Texas go to it. NOLA MOPAR Club. Great guys down there.

Welcome aboard I don’t know how far you are from New Orleans but they have a great club their and in March they throw a fantastic car show and party 2 Day event a lot of people from surrounding states go along with a bunch of guys here in Texas go to it. NOLA MOPAR Club. Great guys down there.
I'm not too far from NOLA, I'll definitely look forward to going next year, thanks for the info! There's another car show in April called Mopars at the battleship in Mobile Alabama that I enjoy going to but it would be a haul from Texas.

-
Back