New guy from Mass with a '70 Swinger

-

Chris_R/T

Reaction score
Hey guys thought I'd finally say hello, been lurking the site on and off for quite a bit.

Not sure what his UN is on here but was recommended by Matt with the green scamp. Thanks Matt!

Anyways, the car is a '70 Swinger - White with black hood/scoops and tail-stripe, undergoing resto this summer. 340 4 speed car. Just took a quick snap with the car cover corner lifted today as you see in my Avatar pic, I'll get some real pics when the rain stops here.

But the cool part is that it was owned by my father since he bought it in '71 for 1000 bucks, he raced it for years (best was a 12.90 I think) Just a few light modifications, but enough to have fun with.

At any rate, it needs quite a bit of work since it's been sitting since the late 90's but there isn't much rust at all, just a dime sized hole in the lower quarter panel and the underbody is mint, but the plan is a nice little 340 with a custom cam, brodix heads, and most of all, EFI! Would like to keep it a 4 speed if I can, but maybe go for a 5 speed, I'll worry about that when I get to it though, I haven't even identified what trans is in it yet. At least I've got a basement literally stuffed with A body parts to work with 8)

Thanks to all who keep this cool forum going!

Hello, welcome to FABO. your gonna enjoy your stay, i am!!!:cheers:

see you at the Bass Pro Cruise......

-
Back