New guy from ND (yes its cold lol)

-

mopar4x4stroker

Reaction score
Hey guys, glad to be a member of FABO even though I dont have an A body since I cant afford one lol. I got my mopar passed down to me, I'm the 4th owner of an 86 W150 318. My grand pops was the 2nd owner and my dad was the 3rd. So the truck is a third gen mopar and I'll do everything in my power to keep it and pass it down to my son/daughter.

I'll be building a 408 stroker for it this summer so I hope I can get some help here as I seem to find the most 408 tech savy people hang around here and look forward to all your helpful tips and advice and hard earned knowledge.

Thanks,

Dustin

welcome from down south (compared to Fargo, Omaha is a southern city).

Welcome from one newbie to another. Great site, you'll love it here. And it's cold here in Indy too!

Attachments

• DSCN0233.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 186
Thanks for the welcoming guys, I see I'm not the only cold bastard lol. When I went to work yesterday at 4pm We were -30 w/ wind chill, and when I got off at 5:30 it was 32 above lol, thats a 60deg change. I guess I'll envoy it while it lasts haha.

Sorry all I got's is dirty pics right now :la: haha... Atleast its clean were it counts :supz:

View attachment resized.jpg

View attachment resized 2.jpg

View attachment resize 3.jpg

View attachment 24948310026_large.jpg

View attachment 24948310024_large.jpg

wow! very nice truck! welcome to the site!!!!

Awwwww man...... I want your motor :love10:. Whats it in... Did you port those heads, whats the compression and cam specs if you don't mind me asking.

I cant wait to finish my 408. I'll be running a 228/232 (539/558) 111lsa along w/ a pair of Indy heads w/ 2.02's on 9.2:1 forged slugs and a 770 holley/rpm performer w/ hooker headers, 2.5" exhaust. I'm shooting for 450hp/475tq. Should be interesting...

Thanks for the props guys

Welcome....... I have always liked those years of dodge 4x4s ....... What are your plans for the rest of the drive train ....... good looking 4x4 by the way!!!

Thanks guys, well for a drive-train, I drug home a 84 W250 150miles in 95deg heat w/ a 30mph side wind with none other than a worthless tow bar that the state finds safer than a tow rope :p. Good thing I only payed $500 for the truck or it wouldn't have been worth it. My dodge was tired when it got home thats for sure

The donor's got a 360/727/208 w/ hd44/60 w/ 3.55 gears, not intirley sure on the gears just yet. I plan on a discs brake conversion in the rear and either a 4" lift w/ 33's/3.55 or 6" lift w/ 35's/4.10 w/ a detroit in the rear and ARB up front w/ hyd assisted steering. Havn't decided what wheel/tire package just yet. Either cheap steel forward directionals like I have, or some Micky classic locks. Either way she'll have bfg's, either A/t's or M/T's. I dont like the new line of M/T, it seems as BFG dropped the first gen M/T's so I'll probable go A/T, they'd last longer anyway. Then if I can find a 4spd/205 and 60 front I'll put that in too. I'm only 22 so this truck has years of transforming ahead of it. Heres the transformation so far.

24948310048_medium.jpg

24948310089_large.jpg

24948310050_large.jpg

24948310073_large.jpg

24948310111_large.jpg
striped all the trim off to give body shops a good assessment for estimates.

The rust was pretty bad on the box and rocker/door area, but I got a box off of a 91 for $950 that lived its life in arizona so it was completely rust and dent free w/ original paint. You can barley see it on the trailer upside down. She also needed a new front driver side 1/4 pannel and floor pan but the rest of the cab/doors/rockers the body shop "attempted" to save (key word attempted). My rockers are bubbling already :(.

I decided to leave the trim off as it looks tacky up close and retains too much moisture that would just rot the body again. Although I might get some new wheel-well moldings and some chrome side handle's for the cab but that would be it for trim.

For the rest of the body, if I cant find a strait rear step bumper like the one I got or get mine straightened and re-chromed. I'll probably go w/ a roll pan. I also thought about a chrome or flat black roll bar w/ a lund visor and a fiberglass flip front clip from USBody. Like the photos bellow, accept the first one isn't fiber glass but I like the wheel and tire package and especially the roll and nurf bar. The green ramcharger is the front clip I'm referring to. Idk I like it, its unique, light, and wont rust and only cost 1,500. The R/T hood thats on there now was half that.

1985-dodge-w150-pickup-1.jpg

1985-dodge-w150-pickup-2.jpg

johnpics086.jpg

Glad to see you guys like my truck though. Means the most when true mopar fans appreciate what you got :thumleft:

If anyone has some pics of their 4x4 or 4x2, post em up I'd like to see em...

Had a 90 Ram that looked similar to yours. I miss that beast.....Nice ride dude, and if you ever get around Grand Forks or Hatton, go find Joel's place and get us all lots of parts....guy has a ton of old Mopars in his yard just rotting.

Welcome aboard! Sorry I'm late to the party ... it's been one heckuva week around here. Love the truck! You're going to have fun with us.

Had a 90 Ram that looked similar to yours. I miss that beast.....Nice ride dude, and if you ever get around Grand Forks or Hatton, go find Joel's place and get us all lots of parts....guy has a ton of old Mopars in his yard just rotting.

Thanks, Blackbrick... Yea I couldn't emagine "missing" my truck :(. I'll never let it go. I's Joel's a local junk yard or some guy that just has a lot of old mopars that he parts out. I might have to cheack it out, I've been trying to hunt down a 70's bbl dual snorkel air cleaner for the last 2yrs. I cant find one for less than 200, on eaby they go anywere for 250-375. I might just make one out of two 2bl's if he has a pair for cheap. Got an address or a number for this joel guy.

Thanks, Dustin

Welcome aboard! Sorry I'm late to the party ... it's been one heckuva week around here. Love the truck! You're going to have fun with us.

Hey better late than never... Thanks for the welcoming complement. I must say I've never had so many welcoming members from a form b4. It must be my nordakoden accent lol.

-
Back