New guy from Norway with '65 Valiant

-

Rocket-Racing

Reaction score
I've actually been registered here for a while but when I posted a question the other day (and got good help!) I realised that I hadn't posted or introduced myself..
My name is Anders and i live in Norway, Europe. I've always been into cars and Mopars in particular. At the moment I have a '65 Valiant, '55 Plymouth Savoy, '78 Aspen wagon and a '59 Chevy truck.
Mopar A-bodies have always been close to my heart and my first car (at age 12) was a '67 Dart GT.
The '65 Valiant I own now is a car that has been in my home town for ages.
Just a plain blue V-100 4-door but I always liked that car growing up. It disapeared about 8 years ago and I have been wondering where it got to. This spring I contacted the old guy that used to own it and to my surprise he still had it in storage. We talked for a while and when he saw my '65 Signet parked outside he agreed to sell me the car. Most people thought I was insane when I sold the Signet and bought this tired sedan, but hey, it was THAT car. The one that started it all.. I still jump when I open the garage door and see it sitting there.
It's a Canadian built '65 V-100, 170 cid and manual imported to Norway in '68. Being a Canadian car it has some oddities like a '65 Dart dash from the factory. At the moment the car is driveable but needs lots of work to get back to it's former glory. I don't intend to make it perfect but a nice driver, probably with a 225 and 4-speed.
I had some parts lying around and as you can see it now sports a Signet grille and the optional Barracuda steering wheel. Other than that I will keep it stock looking, but I can't live with 13" wheels.. Right now it sits on 14x5,5" Volare wheels with adapters but I think the adapters put the wheels to far out in the wheelwells. If I'm lucky I'll find a set of 5,5" A-body wheels, if not I'll make them out of original SBP centers and the 5,5" Volare outers.
Well, this was more than I planned to write.. Looking forward to following all the great threads on this forum and I'm sure I'll need some help from you guys before the Valiant is finished.

Anders, Norway

testtur web1.JPG

vask web1.JPG

vask2 web1.JPG

dash web1.JPG

Hi Anders, welcome to FABO and greetings to norway. My favourite band is from norway, they´re called apoptygma berzerk. Enjoy your cars.
Greets
Juergen

Nice looking ride. Hope you have lots of good weather to enjoy ride around. I get a lot of looks in the US with a 65 Barracuda. Are ther a lot of American cars on the road in Norway or do you turn a lot of heads to.
Have a great day

Hi and welcome to FABO, Anders
Nice looking Valiant you got there.

Welcome to FABO Anders..
It's nice to see another early A on here.
Thats a great looking car you have, what are your plans for her..

Thanks for the welcome and comments on the Valiant guys!

To answer some questions.. Yes, we do have a lot of nice weather to cruise around in here in Norway in the summer months. There is a large interest in old cars and we have a lot of nice old Mopars here. Unfortunately (for me) the early A-bodies were not sold here in great numbers like they were in Sweden and are not that often seen.

As for plans for the Valiant. Well.. I have a few other projects going on and for the time being the plan is to get the car rust free and reliable and enjoy it as a daily driver. I love slant six engines and it's a very pleasant car to drive.
But if I can find the time and money for it I have a devious plan for it in the future..
Picture it: A dull blue completely stock looking (as it is now) '65 V-100 4-door. Beefed up suspension, brakes etc, 4-speed and a healthy 340 with quiet(ish) exhaust. The only giveaway would be an original A-body Hurst shifter.
How's that for a sleeper? 8)

-
Back