new guy from Oklahoma

-

retrorocker55

Reaction score
Just joined your site, hoping to learn a lot of stuff to help me build my 67 Barracuda. My first car way back in 1973 was a 67 Formula S 383 4 speed car that I paid a whopping $900 for. I never knew how rare it was back then, just that nobody else in my little redneck town or the neighboring redneck towns had one like it. It was white with the white interior and I was the second owner. And when I started college, I traded it to my parents for their 69 Charger, 383 2 barrel automatic on the column car and they traded my Barracuda off at the local dealership and I saw it once after that and then never saw it again. Just recently bought another 67, a slant 6 automatic fastback, bright blue poly with white interior and factory air. Still up in the air whether I want to put the 6 back in it or go with a V8. Came here to read up on what type of things others have done with their cars and I'm hoping to learn a lot.

Welcome to the site. You'll get great help here and make some friends along the way. That's gonna be a great project and i love the color combo. I would lean toward the V8, my opinion. Being a orig. /6 i think whatever you decide will not hurt the value either way.

Welcome from the Northeast!! That was some rare and bad A$$ '67 383 4spd you had as your first car!!!! I can honestly say i've NEVER seen any '67-'69 Bcuda that was white on white! It must have been awsome looking! Would you happen to have any pics of it?
Your new ride sounds nice, any pics of it also?
A lot of good stuff on this site, ask questions and guys help. GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!

Welcome, fellow Oklahoman/Mopar/Barracuda/ I have a fish and can't decide how to power it.. Post some pictures!!

Hey thanks for the warm welcome. I have one picture of my original Formula S somewhere, I'll have to dig it out. I will post some pictures of the new project as soon as I get a chance. I come from a long time Mopar family. My older brother still has his 65 Coronet 440 wagon that was ordered with a 383 4 speed and sure grip. He bought it in 1967. Before that he had a 64 Polara 4 speed. He used both to pull horse trailers. Also during the late 60's and early 70's one sister had a 66 Charger 383 4 speed, another sister had a 68 Charger R/T 440 with automatic. A niece had a 72 Charger. A nephew had a 65 Barracuda. After I traded my folks the 67 Formula S for their 69 Charger, I drove it a year or two and then let my little sister have it and I got a 71 Dodge Van and tricked it out. Later I had a tricked out 78 Dodge van,.....ah, the good ol' days. Right now I have some other Mopars I will surely get a chance to talk about in the near future. A couple of project cars that I had a chance to buy and then put on the back burner while looking for parts. My new computer doesn't like my Canon cameras, so I may have to dig out my old laptop to download some pictures.

-
Back