new guy from the charlotte, nc area

-

dusterbd13

Reaction score
hey. got told about this site over at pro-touring.com, and took a look around. figured it was up my alley.

just finished the rebuild on my 70 duster that ive had since high school, and unfortunately didnt like the way it drives. so im now in the process of getting it to the level i think it should be at. its already got the looks and the power, just not the handling, stopping, or comfort that i thgink it should have. if y'all are interested in checking it out, ive got a full buildup writeup at http://www.pro-touring.com/forum/showthread.php?t=36043

so you;ll be seeing me around, asking all sorts of questions. first up though, after i finish the FFI stage 3 box install is upgrading to 17's.

Michael

Welcome, I'm just east of Charlotte, in Stanley county.

TopHat

Welcome, I've only been a member for about 2 weeks. The friendliest, most helpful site I've ever been on. You'll be hooked !!!!

wow, tophat. ive seen your car since ive moved to albemarle. im just up the road on e. cannon now. used to live down the street from you in the apartments.

nice to see someone else from toen on the net.

michael

Welcome aboard Michael! Great looking Duster! You should be proud of all your obvious hard work ... it's come a long way.

You're in fabulous company around here, and you'll be right at home in no time.

Welcome, glad to have another new guy. Now I'm not the NEWEST newbie. LOL. Very nice Duster ya got there, looks like a lot of effort has gone into it. Enjoy your stay.
Ken.

Wow it is a small world. You must have bought the Duster after you moved, I would have noticed one in the neighborhood.

TopHat

I just got off my lazy azz and looked at the link to your build. That thing is super sweet! Now I know you did not have around the neighborhood much as I wouldn't have missed that. I'm sure I'll see you around sometime, if you see me say hi.

TopHat

yeah, ive spent the last five years re-rebuilding that car, mostly at my fathers shop over in stanfield. finished it in september, and due to teething prolems have only gotten about 200 miles on it. maybe closer to three, buit i dunno as the speedometer is junk. now that i have a house with a garage of my own and a steering box that makes sure the car goes where i point it, its coming home. first time in three years the car will be where i live. im stoked.
if we dont go away for the weekend, ill have it out at the cruise night on friday. then ill pull the speedo after the autofair.

Michael

welcome aboard to a fellow north cadilacian, im from western nc8)

are those just aftermarket guages in a stock a body rallye dash?

well, sort of. its a 69 cuda instrument bezel that had been cracked and cut, so was officially junk. i also used the rear pot metal for the cluster after heavy modification. then put autometers in the cluster from the rear, used all led's for the lights, and the origonal flasher switch became my line lock switch.

hope that helps. heres some better pictures.

GuageCluster.jpg

ckuster-wide-front.jpg

cluster-wide-rear.jpg

and thank you for the warm welcome, all. i really like the site.

Michael

Cruise night? Where? Is it every Friday?

TopHat

cruise night is this friday in downtown albemarle, from 5ish to whenever. i dont know if it will be every month, but thats the way the SNAP made it sound.

hope i see you around soon. look forward to meeting another mopar guy in town. and for those that live fairly close, come on in! albemarle really is a neat town.

Michael

-
Back