New guy from upstate NY

-

Fullbore71

Reaction score
Hi guys and girls. Been a member since March but never introduced myself. My name is Bill and after 35 years decided to get back into cars, hot rodding, and racing. Chose a Mopar because that was my very first car in 1974. A 1969 barracuda. I loved it.
My current car is a 1971 Dodge Dart. It started as plain rebuilding and drive but as time went on I became obsessed with building a car that was a terror on the strip and a once in a while street driver. Slowly but surly making progress.
I've used this site since I bought the car and it has been a very valuable site/tool for every question I have ever had. Many knowledgeable people on here, it's amazing. Thank you for previous help and thanks in advance for the help I know I can and will receive from you guys. Believe me, I have lots of questions coming.

View attachment My Dart is Home 003.jpg

View attachment Dart interior finished 030.jpg

View attachment Dart leaving for Frank's 015.jpg

View attachment Dart leaving for Frank's 017.jpg

View attachment Dart Backhalf #1 012.jpg

View attachment Dart Back Half #5 030.jpg

View attachment Dart Back Half #10 003.jpg

View attachment Dart Back Half #10 001.jpg

View attachment Dart 8.28.2015 022.jpg

View attachment ZZZZ Dart on Oct 5 006.jpg

hot dog! welcome to the fray - you're going to have questions?? from the looks of that car you are going to be an answer guy! Nice job!

welcome aboard from south of you!!!! Nice car to start......looks like you ended up going ALL OUT on her!!!!

welcome aboard from south of you!!!! Nice car to start......looks like you ended up going ALL OUT on her!!!!

Thanks Guys. Yeah, the car was totally rust free when I bought it and it was just supposed to be a fix up, clean up and rebuild the 340. Got it all done and drove it straight to the chassis shop for mini tubs and spring relocation. One thing led to another and decided that since this would be the last car I will ever have I might as well do what I have always wanted. Chassis guy backhalfed the car and narrowed the dana for me. Other than that everything you see on this car has been done by me. Now it's time to build another engine for it. LOL..

very nice dart. hope to see it in person and meet you in lake george ny next sept . welcome to the site. maybe if the car is done by may you could bring it to our may 21st , 2016 show to benifit care packages for the troops.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 290
  • 022.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 288
Welcome from the REAL upstate! :D Sweet Car!

Yeah, your rite, he's more like mid-state, LOL......i grew up in Schenectady and am now 90 miles south. BUT i'm an UP-stater also as i just bought a place on the TUG HILL plateau, 2.5 FEET of snow last Fri/Sat!!!

Thanks guys. Ok, Mid-state N.Y. lol. bigus1949 I'd love to meet up in May if the car is done. Certainly will try. Started on building a new engine for it so hopefully it will be done by then. Car needs to be certified in April so trying hard to get her done.

Welcome from over here in Mass Bill ! NICE Dart ! Makes me miss the 70 we just sold the beginning of this year . Good luck with it , it should be a FUN car !

Thanks again you guys. Boy I didn't realize how many of you guys in this group lived this close to me. That's terrific. Hopefully we can meet up come spring or summer.

-
Back