New Guy here

-

Alphabet Soup

Reaction score
Hello, thanks for the invite. I'm the only Chrysler guy in my local group, that doesn't have one right now. I do have a '40 Ford coupe keeping a Max Wedge and a pushbutton trans and an 8.75 rear company right now though. The reason I joined is because I'm helping a buddy with a '72 Scamp 360 build. So far we have a .030 short block (we are thinking maybe 9.6 or 9.7-1), a pair of 308 heads with 1.94 and 1.625 Chevy valves, headed to the port shop, a .520/254 @.050 Racer Brown cam, and a Performer RPM intake. We also have pretty much the rest of the stuff, a decent oil pan and pump, Crane rockers and etc. The question in my mind now is headers. I have a chance to get a set of Headman Hustlers that are in good shape. But, I have been reading a lot on here about what works and doesn't work and what fits and doesen't fit. I'm thinking 1.75 tubes but I'm not as sure on small block as I am on big block stuff. Gene.

Welcome to FABO, my suggestion for headers is either TTI or Doug's D-453.
Both fit pretty well, and the Doug's are a bit cheaper.
Some people on here have posted that the Summit brand headers work pretty good if you are on a budget, but I haven't had any experience with them.

IMG_0962.jpeg

This is a picture after I first got it out. I was able to play with timing, cam, converter and gearing and finally got it into 11.40's at 116. In the process of building a 440 short block to replace the 9-1 marine 426 that's in it now. Gene.

Screenshot_20230720_064952_Gallery.jpg

-
Back