New guy in Huntersville, NC

-

phish1270

phish1270
Reaction score
I have been a Mopar fan as long as I have been driving. It helped that my first car was a '74 Charger SE that I paid $200 for; spent 2 weeks getting it running & then as most 16 yr. olds do, I blew it up 6 months later. I have owned a '71 Charger, a '67 Polara & a '65 Barracuda. I sold everything I had to leave Buffalo & head south. I am finally back in the game after recently purchasing another '65 Barracuda. It appears to have 160k miles on it, the original Medium Red paint. It was a painted black stripe car but the current stripe looks to not be original. Black interior with console shifter, needs front buckets recovered & stuffed. It was an original 273 (which I thought was still in it when I bought it but never crawled under to check but I digress) car with auto, it currently has a '67-'74 318. It was not born with A/C but has it now although it has none of the right brackets & is probably going to get sold. My plans are for an 8 1/4 rear end, front disc brakes (not sure what setup or power yet), all new bushings, front & rear sway bars, new paint & either a date correct 273 or a worked over 360. I am not a big fan of the color so I may just go with what I like & have some fun. I want the car to handle & stop better than new within reason. I have replaced all 4 shocks & just ordered new leaf springs. The car came with SBP 14" Rally wheels but the trim rings were rusted beyond repair. I will be staying with Rally rims but may look to trade or buy LBP 14"s or 15"s in SBP or LBP. The rims will depend on which direction I go with the disc brakes & what comes on the 8 1/4 when I find one.
I will be on the forum a lot & will help with any advice or past experiences that I can. I would love any advice on the disc brake swap, sway bars & engine building. It is great to see so many people trying to save these classic Mopars from extinction. We are a Mopar house, my daily is an '05 Magnum & my wife owns a '93 Shadow ES convertible. I would save more classics if I had anymore room & lots of $.

Welcome, There Are Some Very Nice People On Here...

Welcome aboard! Very nice project and glad to hear that you are getting back to the hobby! You will find the ncest and most helpful people here thats for sure. Keep us posted on the progress and also keep the pics coming!

This 65 Barracuda owner in Maryland welcomes you. There can't be too many of 'em left. It's nice to see another one being properly cared for. This is a fun place to be. Stick around.

Welcome I am sure you will enjoy and fit right in with all the great folks here.:-D

-
Back