new guy in nor cal

-

71demonology

Reaction score
Hey guys i am new to the forums here. My wife and I just picked up a 70 duster slant6 and a 71 demon slant 6.

i was orginally just going to take the demon, but the wife wanted a "hers" car and hell for 3k for both i couldn't say no. the bodies are very solid with now signs whatsoever of rust. they are original paint cars. the floors are solid as well as the spare tire well in the trunks.

The duster had been stripped some time ago. The only thing in the dash is the instrument cluster. No vents, no controls, no glove box or anything. No carpet in the car so i know the floor pans are in great shape. no seat in the car either though. It did have a passenger side bucket seat out of what i think was a charger that i used to drive it home with. Clean title and it runs pretty decent.

needs for that car according to the wife are:

she wants the bench seat with the center fold down armrest. not sure what those came in, but she wants it.
she wants a smaller nice looking steering wheel.
I know it needs a new front suspension as it is a death trap right now. The slant 6 will probably be there for a while.

Now on to the demon. It wasn't running when i picked it up. After checking under the hood, looks like it needs new radiator hoses and a battery and i will ry turning it over. It has a complete interior. bench seats green on green on green on green. wayyy too much green. the things it needs according to me are:

a v-8
drivers side quarter window (it was busted out. luckily they didn't get into the car and mess up the ignition.
and paint of course.

anyways i really enjoy your guys site and will be surfing it quite often. I am a mustang guy, but after getting rid of my 2004 mach 1 and my 88' 5.0 5spd vert i could not pass these 2 cars up. If you guys know of any of the pieces listed, we are actively looking for them. Looing for a 340 or 360 (not picky) for the demon pretty quick. again can't wait to get the mopar feeling again.

p.s. my first car ever was a 73 plymouth scamp, so i have always had a spot for a-bodies.

Welcome to the board, I think I'm addicted to it. Mine used to be a 71 slant six demon. It's feeling much better now.

P7280002 (Custom).JPG

thats a nice looking demon.
oh yeah and a set of buckets for mine would be great.
i see a lot of scoops on dusters and demons. is there a need for clearance or are they for show? Just curious.

71demonology said:
thats a nice looking demon.
oh yeah and a set of buckets for mine would be great.
i see a lot of scoops on dusters and demons. is there a need for clearance or are they for show? Just curious.

With a high rise intake and a factory hood I could only get by with a 2 inch air filter and it was sucking a lot of hot air. The fiberglass hood with scoop fixes the problem. Now it's got a big assed filter.

P9100004 (Custom).JPG

Welcome Demonology. You'll have lots of fun and learn a lot here. A great group of moparnuts. Hats off to Demons!!! I think they are the sharpest A body built!
Also a newcomer - toolmanmike

You got it!!! toolman Mice demon!!!! Bargain price!!!! :tool: :tool: :tool:

Hey welcome to the board, I am pretty new here too. Your car looks pretty clean and should be a great platform to do a build up off of. My car is a Dart with a 318 with ported/polished # 302 heads, comp cams Xtreme energy 470 lift cam, edelbrock performer intake with 600 cfm carb, headman headers with a nasty exaust leak, MSD ignition and turbo mufflers with 2 1/4 inch pipes with a 904 with a shift kit and a 2400-2600 rpm converter. Soon to have 8 3/4s with 3.91 gears, SS leafs offset inwards, 4 wheel Master Power Disk Brakes and Weld Draglites with BFG 235s. Just to let you know mopar alley has a bad *** car show at Ohlone college in Fremont every June. I am in San Jose by the way.

Hey, you guys got a good deal! :notworth: I remember a '72 Demon /6 I had in '73; looks just like your '71. I'm in Red Bluff, about an hour & 45 minutes north of ya on 505 & I-5. If you post your parts lists on the "Parts Wanted" forum, you should find what ya need. You 2 have fun with the cars; Diane & I have his & hers '66 'Cudas below in pics & links.

R66CUDA-FRONT QUARTER-3-11-2001.GIF

R66CUDA2-ST. E'S SHOW-8-29-04.GIF

welcome and I hope you know how lucky you are to have a wife thats wants hers. I am working on fuel injecting the /6 in the 65 dart. Where in Nor cal? I am from near modesto.

vacaville, ca i went to the turlock swap meet last weekend, and nothing for mopars...

Yea if your looking for Mopar parts stick to the Mopar swap meets. The Mopar Alley show in June is a good one, and I was at one at Sacramento Raceway not to long ago that was also pretty good. I think Sacramento also has another Car Show/swap meet but I don't have any info about it, maybe one of the other members will.

Hello 71demomology,These folks have helped me ALOT!! So buckel up and injoy the ride!!! I have.!!!!!!!Mopar mike from Akansas.

Ah, that explains why I havent seen you on the road sometime, Im up in the cambrian area. You wouldnt happen to know a guy down there with a 68-69 Cuda 440 would you? I almost bought a rearend from him a few years back down there off Snell and Santa Teresa somewhere.

Welcome to the board. By the way, Nor Cal is four hours north of most of you guys.

not that i know of i know almost all the mopar guys an no one has a 440 down here that drives on the road,an yes realisticly nor cal is up more but if u lived down here thats all people talk about is that we all live in nor cal they sell all the clothing we have dirt bike tracks called nor cal so its kinda goes for us down here as well

-
Back