New guy in Northern Virginia

-

Mopar Millenial

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just made an account today after reading FABO threads to answer all the various dumb questions I've had for almost a year. I have a 67 Barracuda that I bought from my wifes grandpa to keep it in the fam. I'm slowly learning more about it, at some point had a 318 put in it, stock 318 heads, 340 intake, edelbrock cam for a 340-360, fun street car. I also own a 2001 wrangler and a 2012 RAM, definitely not A bodies but still apart of the mopar family, I guess the mopar life chose me.

I'm in the Northern Virginia area looking for a good community for parts, questions, events, or help if needed. Looking to get my feet wet a little bit and get further into the Mopar community!

IMG_6247.jpg

ooking for a good community for parts, questions, events, or help if needed.

Welcome... You have definitely found the place for all those things. Tons and tons of information on these pages and the best MOPAR gang on the web in here.

Love the 67. Great look We love pictures so more is better

Welcome... You have definitely found the place for all those things. Tons and tons of information on these pages and the best MOPAR gang on the web in here.

Love the 67. Great look We love pictures so more is better
Thanks! Yes I've been reading FABO threads since I got the car and have learned so much already. Looking forward to actually being apart of it.

What does it have for engine/trans?
funny enough I was going to look at the trans pan today to see what kind it was but had to run to work, hoping for a 727. But it's a 318 motor, stamped 1970 on the block so obviously a swap, 340 intake, 318 heads (unported), edelbrock cam meant for a 340-360 so that's an interesting choice of cam, 1405 edelbrock carb, and I think that about covers it.

Welcome to the forum, Leesburg area? Post a front on pic, seems something`s off?
Nice ride btw:thumbsup:
In centreville actually, but close enough. But you seem to have caught on to the fact that it has the front end of a '68. It's more of a 67.5. Tail end is the same. (I'm having issues with the file extension of the picture I have of the front. Will get it up eventually)

Welcome form Southern Va. No need to hope for a 727, especially with a 318, a 904 is less of a parasitic horsepower hog, and plenty of big block racers use them. Weighs a lot less too. I ran one with minor work behind a fairly stout 340 for over a decade without issues.

Welcome to FABO, I am all about keeping it on the farm. Nice ride, you will find a lot of answers here on this forum.

Welcome form Southern Va. No need to hope for a 727, especially with a 318, a 904 is less of a parasitic horsepower hog, and plenty of big block racers use them. Weighs a lot less too. I ran one with minor work behind a fairly stout 340 for over a decade without issues.
Thanks for the warm welcome, and great info, I guess that just means I'll be pleased with what ever I find.
You think it might be worth investing in an 8 3/4 rear end? currently has a 7 1/4 which we all know can be... well you know.

In centreville actually, but close enough. But you seem to have caught on to the fact that it has the front end of a '68. It's more of a 67.5. Tail end is the same. (I'm having issues with the file extension of the picture I have of the front. Will get it up eventually)
Familiar with the area. Was going to ask you to cruise in at Charles Town, but that would be an hour haul for you. Enjoy the car, have fun.

Familiar with the area. Was going to ask you to cruise in at Charles Town, but that would be an hour haul for you. Enjoy the car, have fun.
Travel time isn't the worst, takes me that long to get across town in this area some days, would just want to make sure the car could make it that far lol.

Hey everyone, I just made an account today after reading FABO threads to answer all the various dumb questions I've had for almost a year. I have a 67 Barracuda that I bought from my wifes grandpa to keep it in the fam. I'm slowly learning more about it, at some point had a 318 put in it, stock 318 heads, 340 intake, edelbrock cam for a 340-360, fun street car. I also own a 2001 wrangler and a 2012 RAM, definitely not A bodies but still apart of the mopar family, I guess the mopar life chose me.

I'm in the Northern Virginia area looking for a good community for parts, questions, events, or help if needed. Looking to get my feet wet a little bit and get further into the Mopar community!

View attachment 1715987718

Welcome! Is that a Formula S car? What is the engine code on the VIN?

-
Back