New Guy in Ventura County, SoCal

-

cyberbackpacker

Reaction score
Just recently became an A-body owner again after 12 years and have been searching for sites to help in my new relationship.

I posted this on Moparts over a year ago:

#2579603 - Tue Apr 25 2006 12:05 PM

BTW used to have a '70 Dodge Dart Custom with the slant six. It was that nice pale yellow in color with black interior, with green cloth inserts on the seats. Someday I will have another Dart, someday...

Well that day was Tuesday this week.

It is an original owner 1975 Dart Swinger with the 225 slant six!!!

I am ecstatic. The paint is old and needs refreshing and the vinyl top needs to be replaced, and there is some surface rust and more rust on the roof due to the vinyl top that I will have to take care of, but overall it is straight, solid, and complete. Even have original registration and manuals.

I want this to be a dependable cruiser/driver that if I want to drive it to San Francisco (about 5-6 hours) or down to San Diego (three hours) I could with ease, and at modern highway speeds. A bit more grunt without sacrificing too much economy would be desired.

I think I want to swap in an OD 833 transmission, and I am thinking of going efi too.

Just had to share in my excitement...

I am definitely glad to have found this site, it appears that it will be a great group to belong to.

If nothing else I discovered the Fall Fling in Van Nuys in November. Just 30 minutes from me; it will be great to go there.

Pics tomorrow probably.

If nothing else I discovered the Fall Fling in Van Nuys in November. Just 30 minutes from me; it will be great to go there.

Pics tomorrow probably.

Ventura County here also; Simi Valley. Whereabouts in Ventura Co are you?

You'll have a great time at Fall Fling. There will definitly be for sale the items you're looking for. But do your homework and figure out the price ranges on those items, so you know when the good deal pop up.

Better get there around 7am to get in line for the fun field display cars. That way your car will be handy to load parts into and check the stuff you need for it.

Welcome to this great site!!
Glad to here you have some A bodie friends close to you.
autoxcuda has been a good member and has some great thoughts and
a very nice race car. Hope you hang around and enjoy.

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in Newbury Park, so not too far from you autoxcuda.

I will/have been checking prices on parts so I don't get taken.

When you mention getting there at 7am, is that for the $20 field place, or the regular $5 parking. Is it better to pay the $20 and park in the show n shine area?

I definitely see myself sticking around here, and again, thanks for the welcome.

Thanks for the welcome.

I live in Newbury Park, so not too far from you autoxcuda.

I will/have been checking prices on parts so I don't get taken.

When you mention getting there at 7am, is that for the $20 field place, or the regular $5 parking. Is it better to pay the $20 and park in the show n shine area?

I definitely see myself sticking around here, and again, thanks for the welcome.

Yes it's $20 for the fun/show field to show your car with all the others. That is right next to the swap (the best parking). I would go in the show field and post a want list of parts on your windshield. People are more willing to help you with parts when they can see you actually have a car and not trying to resell/flip them. There will be lots of other forabodiesonly members bringing their cars too.

And it's a car you just bought and been waiting to get. Why not show it off?

The fun/show field gate opens after 8am. But you should get there earlier to get in line. BUT you have to stay parked in your spot untill 1pm per park rules. So if you can't do that, don't go in the fun/show field.

Autoxcuda, thanks again for the great info.

I will probably go the field route then, as long as the wife and kids give me the okay to be gone that long!

I also was a bit reluctant because the car is in need of help... but I guess it is all good. And the idea of posting a want list in the windshield is something I would not have thought of.

Oh, and here is a pic:

1303862527_ce3745376d_b.jpg

Autoxcuda, thanks again for the great info.

I will probably go the field route then, as long as the wife and kids give me the okay to be gone that long!

I also was a bit reluctant because the car is in need of help... but I guess it is all good. And the idea of posting a want list in the windshield is something I would not have thought of.

Run whacta brung!! My Barracuda has got a tweaked front bumper, dents, smashed grill.... There will be other cars in your same condition. Actually looking at original cars that are not restored is something neat. Almost all the cars are restored now. An original car is different.

How are people suppose to know what you have done to your car unless they get to see the "before" ??

-
Back